nightcore for dummies

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i think i missed out on the nightcore pre-order.
i was partially fusturated at the pre-order instructions and tiered pricing.
i pm'd the seller and never got a response.
have i missed out on this light despite posting to hold my spot and price early?
if so, i'm leaning towards a fenix l1d q5 with 14500s
however, that's a one mode light and not nearly as cool i think.
what's the verdict?

Marduke

Flashaholic
NiteCore DI's will be available from dealers shortly for around $80. Unless you sent paypal for the DI, you missed out at this point on the presale.

Also, if you use a regulated 3.0V 14500, all the modes will be retained in the L1D, but you will still have the output of the L2D/P2D (just not the runtime).

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like you already have some nice lights at your disposal in rotation. I'd wait a few weeks for more and more people to receive their NiteCores and see how this production version fares... Assuming all the reviews won't be squished into the one review thread we should have a pleasant time with getting all the info we need on these lights very soon.

If it turns out to be gold, you should be just in time for TADGear to have them in stock. I think they're a great dealer. They'll handle warranty business too.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd hold off if possible and look at some user impressions for the final production pieces. They should be showing up maybe at the end of the week. If it doesn't sound great, and must have to you, then go ahead and buy the Fenix. If it does turn out to be incredible... then ya snooze ya loose. Buy one for $80.