first R2 light to market?

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Who's got your bet for the first Cree R-2 to market? :naughty:

I know jetbeam has that proto picture floating around, but Fenix really seems to like having a model in each cree bin. I'd personally be thrilled to see a jetbeam/fenix showdown. Or maybe I'm overlooking some obvious contenders? Tiablo seems to be able to make lights real fast while no one is looking. Dereelight seems pretty content right now with all the Q5 pills they just put out. Inova...is using the K2 :ohgeez:(albeit with the tffc).

Me personally? I'd LIKE to see Jetbeam do it, but they seem to get set way back whenever one of their prospective products is showing signs of interest (Jet II anyone?), plus they are still establishing themself under RuiZhi . I don't honestly think Fenix can seriously just put out ANOTHER l2d with a R2, they may have to redesign something here eventually...

Mind you, I think the world of both Jetbeam and Fenix...but want to see the R2 used in something radically new.

So, what do you think?
Phil:thumbsup:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd hope for the Olight T10 with an R2 - not that it isn't already freakin' bright. But I'd like to see them step into the competition. They've got a great start.

phil000

Newly Enlightened
I'd hope for the Olight T10 with an R2 - not that it isn't already freakin' bright. But I'd like to see them step into the competition. They've got a great start.

didn't they just release the t10? I think it'd be difficult for them to work that correctly, without grandly ticking off everyone who just bought one w/ Q5.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a tough call on which Asian manufacturer will have it first.
I think I can safely say that it definitely won't be Mag-Lite :crackup:
I'd love to see an R2 pill from DereeLight. I have a Q4 and can't justify jumping up just one step. But give me a new letter and I think I could convince myself that I need it.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it will be Dereelight. They would only have to release a new pill(substitute a R2 for a Q5) instead of a new light.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it will most likely be Dereelight. If not them then Fenix or Jetbeam. I don't really see the point in upgrading (if you are a buyer) from Q5-R2. I'm going to wait until R4 before I start buying a light just for the bin.

Jay T

Enlightened
After reading some posts one would think that the R2 is a harbinger of a whole new paradigm in LED design and performance. A new era awaits us! :twothumbs

;)

phil000

Newly Enlightened
I am personally going to wait until we see R4 unless the vF keeps going up, in which case I am waiting longer...or waiting for the next hot SSC bin.

I'm rocking the q4 drop-in for supertactical in a 6pd with the custom lighthound head, I highly doubt the R bin itself will be the selling point for a whole new light, at least it won't work for me.

Anyway, Dereelight could just make the pill, that's true...

Burgess

Flashaholic
PhantomPhoton wrote:

I think I can safely say that it definitely won't be Mag-Lite :crackup:

Nice one ! :thumbsup:

Actually made me Laugh Out Loud when reading that !

:lolsign:
_

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a chance Dereelight might get some R2's, but we'll have to see. I don't know how many R2 are available right now.