Emisar D2 first impressions

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also use nyogel 760G.. Ive had some issues with using too much, and having it interfere with the contact between the end of the body tube and the tailcap contact ring. I now wipe off any excess on the end of the body tube and the end threads, as well as using a qtip to clean the contact ring in the tailcap.

to my eye the O ring does sit in a groove below the threads.. but I dont see very well, I could be mistaken

Ive not had any issue w Nyogel drying out and sticking to the O ring, so not sure why your O ring broke.. I hope it does not happen again

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
The O-ring does butt up right against the threads, it is not in its own separate groove like most other lights. This is a recipe for failure. I always add some lube (Nyogel in this case) when I receive the light, so O ring and threads were lubed.
I also use nyogel 760G.. Ive had some issues with using too much...I now wipe off any excess on the end of the body tube and the end threads, as well as using a qtip to clean the contact ring in the tailcap....

to my eye the O ring does sit in a groove below the threads.. but I dont see very well, I could be mistaken
Mine does not have a grove for the o-ring. Buts up against threads like @cave dave. Looking as thought the starter thread in the tail cap itself may contribute to this. Now tempted to use some fine grit on the very last bit of each thread as a proactive measure.

Maybe a bit controversial, but I prefer a tiny bit of silicone grease (Danco) over Nylogel for tailcaps. Feels a little more viscious.