LEDs and Tigerlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Tigerlight is currently set up with the super premium battery pack and 375 lumen bulb. Is there any kind of aftermarket LED drop-in for the TL that would up the lumens (using the same premium battery)? My sense is that there is not, but I'm curious.

Ross

Enlightened
I asked this a few days ago and got no reply. I would be interested to hear from you in the thread if you should find such a thing :whistle:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe Talmadge

The battery pack on my TL crapped out. How do you like the super duper pack and bulb? Is it worth the $150 or am I stuck with an empty shell? :sick:My SL US is 2 years older and still going strong.:thumbsup:

Kremer

Enlightened
My Tigerlight is currently set up with the super premium battery pack and 375 lumen bulb. Is there any kind of aftermarket LED drop-in for the TL that would up the lumens (using the same premium battery)? My sense is that there is not, but I'm curious.

Milkyspit's 'The Deputy' is the only LED upgrade I know of or have seen in a TL. and it looks pretty impressive. I'd be game to pick up one of those myself if he can build a few more.
~Dougk

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monocrom, of COURSE, js knows all about TLs. I"ll ping him, thanks!

Ross, everything I know about this topic, I learned in this thread. If I get pm'ed any new info that isn't in the thread, I'll post.

Kremer, let us know if milkyspit will do a small run, that thing looks awesome!

sunspot, I like the super duper pack and bulb. I have a buddy with a bad pack also, and he hasn't been able to get TL customer service to respond to him; I just convinced him to try again.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Joe. I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy the new pack and bulb. I had my TL at the 03' SHOT show so it's 5 years old.:oops:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick update, js's updates are all incandescent, and he believes (and I think I agree) that the 375 bulb offered by TL is a solid performer for incandescent, so he isn't offering any of his updates right now in any case. I think this means either talking milkyspit into doing his mods, or just going with a Maglite if you've got to have a super-power LED upgrade (Malkoff is offering some very interesting ones right now).

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened

The LED light for the Series 2 is on the way and wil likely be introduced at the 2008 Shot Show. We are expecting lumens in excess of 500 lumen. It will function nicely with the super premium power pack and is designed to drop into the series 2 and series three TigerLights.

Randy Teig

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milkyspit's 'The Deputy' is the only LED upgrade I know of or have seen in a TL. and it looks pretty impressive. I'd be game to pick up one of those myself if he can build a few more.
~Dougk

I use the Deputy at work all the time and it rocks. The TigerLight is an excellant platform to use whether the FBOP version or the full size version with the pepperspray.

Status
Not open for further replies.