I'm thinking of modding my Maglite Solitaire. What would be the best way?

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
I really like it how the Maglite Solitaire lets you use it like a "candle".

If I get a bright enough LED I could use that to fill a whole room with some light.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
No,

IMO, focusing is not too useful in real life. I just doesn't work well with reflectors. Rings and holes in the beam decrease it's usability.

Dantor

Enlightened
I've thought about the same thing, and for the price of the mod (compared to the light) it's not worth it for me. Their are so many better small lights out there, I'll just get one of them. Some have suggested gutting it and using it for a pill fob!

linterno

Enlightened
I've thought about the same thing, and for the price of the mod (compared to the light) it's not worth it for me. Their are so many better small lights out there, I'll just get one of them. Some have suggested gutting it and using it for a pill fob!
1+. I have SMJLED2 AAA Solitaire Module and I can tell you: It is the worst upgrade I have ever paid for.

If you want to have a flashlight with candle capabilites go for Minimag 2AA + ArcMania Super MJ LED upgrade for Mini Maglight Flashlight SMJLED. Not as small as a solitaire but a really good one.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a 10440 LiIon with a Minimag 2AA bulb -- it will start out significantly brighter than the stock minimag (due to overdrive) draws about 500mA on my multimeter, should run about 25 mins or so.