NEW!!! Smallest (Functional) LED

paulr

Flashaholic
Ehhh, cute I guess, but runs on tiny watch batteries. I'd say you're better off with a 45 cent fauxton.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
More for the "gear-heads" probably, but you could put one on your jacket zipper (ID Checks?), backpack zipper, tacvest, keys...it would be inconspicous, but very handy when your SF or Fenix might be too much light??? But it's probably one of the best lights for it's size? I own a Stylus and a Microstream, and have been impressed on the function vs size for both of these lights. I wonder if this would fit in the water purification pouch on the LC-1 canteen covers???

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Looks small,

I wonder how it compares to the Orb Wee in size(Not price or output, the Wee wins in those, the wee seems to be a bit bigger).

Edit: so the Wee is a bit shorter, I should read more of the specs. Thanks jk904jk

Last edited:

jk904jk

Banned
Looks small,

I wonder how it compares to the Orb Wee in size(Not price or output, the Wee wins in those, the wee seems to be a bit bigger).

From the brightguy website

"The new Streamlight Nano measures only 1.4" long " 1.4" = 36mm

from Lummi.co.uk

"Length 34mm Min dia 13mm Max Dia 15mm"

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a chance to play with one. It's very ell made and extremely small. More compact than a fauxton style light and with more output. About as bright as my Key Mate, but much smaller. Less runtime I'm sure due to the smaller batteries. It's cute and good looking, but I won't be buying one because once you have a keymate, there really isn't much point in going smaller. The light is smaller, but both are so small the space savings isn't worthwhile if you see what I mean.

paulr

Flashaholic
LR41's are little tiny watch batteries, button cells not coin cells, iirc.

The light might produce 10 lumens for the first minute or two. It would frankly surprise me. After that, output will decline to oblivion but taking a very long time to quit completely.

cv3po

Banned
10 lumens? Off of small alkaline button cells? The output after 8 hours I doubt would be enough to read your watch. I'd think that 50% output would be reached in 5-10 minutes. Do yourself a favor and just get a new photon II with the DS nichia. If you want the 10-15 lumen output keep the stock 2-2016 lithium cells or if you want (I'm guessing) 5-6 lumens for a loooong time replace them with a single 2032 cell. Either way it'll stomp the SL running alkaline button cells.

Having said that...............it does look pretty sweet :D
EDIT: Fallingwater..................+1 on the LiIon cell

Last edited:

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fire Fli looks to be about the same length but much thinner. And I think the zinc-air cells it uses have a higher energy density than any other button cells.

Too bad they're out of business or I'd buy a new one with a DS LED.

Greg

Marduke

Flashaholic