Any ideas about --> JETBeam Jet-I MkII R ?

Wicho

Enlightened
I like mine quite a bit. It's what the C-LE v2 should have been. Not a thrower, but a good useful all around beam. Only thing I wish is that low was lower. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but hey, it looks and feels good!

Forget about that advanced mode - it's a waste of time and has a ridiculous amount of settings, most of which look the same to me. Keep it in daily mode.

I run it exclusively on 14500's - only threw in an Alk Duracell and an L91 AA once when I got it to compare it. Hasn't let me down yet.

CandleFranky

Enlightened
I like mine quite a bit. It's what the C-LE v2 should have been. Not a thrower, but a good useful all around beam. ... Hasn't let me down yet.
Wicho, thank you for these useful informations.
But others seem to have problems, I found this on the Light-Reviews.com forum, read -->

"I had to send back 2 review samples. Well they said they would check the circuit/problem when they receive the faulty samples."

"Mine doesn't seem to run on 14500 Li-ion cells, but the manual says that it works with them. Have any other members had this problem?"

"I have trouble with flickering/dimming when using AA primaries or NiMH rechargeables, and the light doesn't even come on with 14500 Li cells. I read the manual several times, and it seems to indicate that Li-ion cells are OK. The quality of construction seems significantly lower than my CREE P4 version."

:oops:

Wicho

Enlightened
I guess I just got lucky. No problems at all with mine. Now, with a couple of the C-LE's I've had... (no, not the ones I'm selling!)

JETBeam has been known for poor QC, though. That's what's keeping me from pre-ordering a JET-Pro, but that's for a different thread.

phil000

Newly Enlightened
I don't really think the problem is with jetbeam's qc. I think one of 2 things is happening:
1. Someone is sneaking in after hours and making extra runs w/o the QC and selling them w/o warranties etc...
2. The ones that are supposed to be held for failing QC are somehow making their way onto the market without warranties etc, without jetbeam's consent...either inside job or whatever.

I had a mkII R that I got and it ended up not coming out of adv. mode, works great for the girlfriend, and she loves it.
Just my thoughts,
Phil

Albinoni

Banned
I like mine quite a bit. It's what the C-LE v2 should have been. Not a thrower, but a good useful all around beam. Only thing I wish is that low was lower. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but hey, it looks and feels good!

Forget about that advanced mode - it's a waste of time and has a ridiculous amount of settings, most of which look the same to me. Keep it in daily mode.

I run it exclusively on 14500's - only threw in an Alk Duracell and an L91 AA once when I got it to compare it. Hasn't let me down yet.

When you say thrower does this mean how far the LED beam cam spread/push out i.e distance.

CandleFranky

Enlightened
I think one of 2 things is happening: 1. Someone is sneaking in after hours and making extra runs w/o the QC and selling them w/o warranties etc...
That sounds criminal, JETBeam should take care of such problems - if they really exist. :naughty:

Wicho

Enlightened
Hi Albinoni,

Throw means that it will send the beam out far, in a concentrated spot.

Flood means it will illuminate a wide area, or as you said, spread.

Throw and flood don't go hand in hand - it's usually one or the other.

When you say thrower does this mean how far the LED beam cam spread/push out i.e distance.