My 2 LEDs

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
Well, now that I got hooked by the light bug, I am curious to know if my first LEDs are quality lights or not. I would like to know if whoever owns similar ones have had good luck with reliability and durability over extended periods.

The first is a little keychain ASP Mirage amber. Picked it up at ACE hardware.

The second one is a little keychain one from Energizer (the bunny people). It is a small round disk shape with a single white LED. Seems to be well put together and for brightness it blows my little mag-solitaire away. Picked it up off the Wal-Mart clearence rack for 4 bucks.

Either one of these lights considered good?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello RichardMT,

Welcome.

Quality and good are difficult words to nail down. I think that if a light does what it is supposed to do, it is a good light. If it doesn't break (or leak if that matters to you), and if it puts out a even beam of light, it is a quality light.

One of the favorite LED lights on CPF is the ARC AAA, but it costs a lot more than your lights.

Of course, everyone wants to see pictures and beam shots of your lights.

Good luck, and remember to FOLLOW THE LIGHT!!!

Tom

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other way round.....Re: My 2 LEDs

[ QUOTE ]
RichardMT said:
The first is a little keychain ASP Mirage amber. Picked it up at ACE hardware.

The second one is a little keychain one from Energizer (the bunny people). It is a small round disk shape with a single white LED. Seems to be well put together and for brightness it blows my little mag-solitaire away. Picked it up off the Wal-Mart clearence rack for 4 bucks.

Either one of these lights considered good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richard -

welcome to cpf......

Perhaps this should be the other way round?

Doesn't it make much more sense for you to tell us
what YOU think of the 2 LED lights that you own, and have lived with... please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened

the energizer one is quite bright, and with the reflector assembly it has, has more throw and appears a lot brighter then a photon. For the price, its a great light.

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened

Yes Vincent, I guess you are right that I should be the one to say if they are quality. However I have only had them for a couple of days and really know nothing about them. For all I know they may just peter out in a week. I mainly got these to play with and see what the LEDs are like. On April 5 we have a large gun show coming here which always has a few dealers that sell every flashlight imaginable, so I intend to try and learn what I can by then so I can pick up something known to be quality.

ufokillerz - Actuallt this Energizer has no reflector. I tried to find a pic of one on the internet and could not locate one like it. Tomorrow I will take a pic of mine.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re: Other way round.....Re: My 2 LEDs

Could this be the one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
678619.jpg

Energizer Pocket LED

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
Re: Other way round.....Re: My 2 LEDs

Not quite, but close. The one I have is not transparent and has a metal ring around the case. But the set-up is similar to the one you show there.