I need a quick answer please

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I had to do some MAJOR plumbing repairs under my house and my G3 got real muddy. It needs to be disassembled and cleaned, but I want to make sure I should take it apart or just clean it as best I can while still together. If I take it all apart couldn't I just use canned air to get the contacts dry? Advice please. This baby is FILTHY!

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your G3 should not have anything on the inside from this type of exposure if the head and tail o-rings were in place.

If you just have mud and crud on the outside, take it to the kitchen sink, use some mild dish washing soap and give it a bath.

Mark

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
Yesterday I had to do some MAJOR plumbing repairs under my house and my G3 got real muddy. It needs to be disassembled and cleaned, but I want to make sure I should take it apart or just clean it as best I can while still together. If I take it all apart couldn't I just use canned air to get the contacts dry? Advice please. This baby is FILTHY!
?????? just hose it off.......after that has dried take it apart dry off with , well there should not be any water , i guess bezzel up on dissassembly and look , but it shouldnt need anything other then a hose off...were talking SUREFIRE ..right?

DM51

Flashaholic
As the others say, just wash the mud off with running water and a brush. It is waterproof. Don't disassemble it to do this. Make sure it is dry afterwards before you take it apart to change the batteries.

It should not need further cleaning, except routine maintenance (clean threads, regrease with silicone grease / Nyogel).