Surefire E1 CS?

Turt

Enlightened
if you go on the surefire website and do a search for "led E1" there seems to be a place marker for a new e1 light. I'm thinking maybe an E1 with a CS led in it? only 39 dollars not bad!

Turt

Enlightened
hmm... on the same page there is another place marker for an E1 replacement lamp MH01... led bulb? ooh the suspense!

WDR65

Enlightened
When I did that search it came up (E1 GM CS) which I think refers to the gun metal E1. Also I'm a bit skeptical because its say E1, like the original model with the teardrop bezel. I may be wrong, but I'm guessing it was an old clearance item.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it will be an E1 running a Nichia CS for super...super long runtime? more likley its an old model though im thinking...

Crenshaw

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to see something like that from SF, but I suspect it's an old model too. If it was a new model it would be Satin Grey (SG) instead of Gunmetal (GM).

Turt

Enlightened
I was just thinking that this might be a CS led since the newest catalog doesn't seem to have an e1? Or at least I didn't see it in the catalog that i saw...

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ton of E1e's sitting around here now. After the lumensfactory bulbs came out the E1e got a big boost. Then after the EMT modules its a killer platform. Now, if Surefire has something up its sleeve!

I can't wait to see what this might be.

schiesz

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a few searches, it looks like maybe Surefire used to call the E1 lamp the MH01.

Hopefully this isn't just old stock that is being found on the surefire site. Although i'll get some gray E1's for $39 if they offer them.

schiesz

Kiessling

Flashaholic
E1 "Clearance Sale"?

But IIRC the lamp for the E1 was the MN01, not MH01.

There's certainly conspiracy at work here ... :D

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems strange to me that surefire could "accidentilly" publish the E1B page before it was due. Its also wierd with this happening. I bet a bunch of tech guys at sf are having a good laugh, watching us flashaholics try and figure it out.

Crenshaw

Size15's

Flashaholic
It seems strange to me that surefire could "accidentilly" publish the E1B page before it was due. Its also wierd with this happening. I bet a bunch of tech guys at sf are having a good laugh, watching us flashaholics try and figure it out.

Crenshaw
Well they have accidentally published such pages before.
SureFire's website like many in business is integrated with their internal intranet and secure dealer access sites so that they only need to publish data once for it to be current and consistent etc on all viewing perspectives.

It is now clear that the E1B was going to be actually released at the time of SS2008 so preparing the website info was necessary.

As websites grow and develop over time there are relics and such remnants of the past and test pages etc. Not always easy to dig out even if you do have the time to do website maintenance.

As to whether SureFire deliberately place things on their .com to gauge reaction... That's a different matter.
Yes they could put things up to see where and how people are searching through their site.
Yes they could put things up to test reaction on internet forums etc.

MH01 is not a lamp. It's a typo.
MH is the designation for housing bodies (MH90 and MH60 spring to mind)

"E1 CS" conforms to no known nor recognised new product designation system that I'm aware of. "-CS" indicates clam shell packaging. "P90-CS" for example.