what 2-stage upgrades for the 6P????

setherd

Newly Enlightened
I have a Z2 and a friend has an old 6P. we both love our lights but are looking at upgrades. I'm looking at the LED drop-ins from BOG or malkoff.
but I want 2-3 stages. I see there are some 2stage LED dropins but I haven't heard any reviews. I also have found several threads that talk about 2 stage tail caps but again I haven't found any anywhere.
My friend takes his in the African bush and likes the flood and the throw he can get with the P61 lamp if needed. but he uses it also for reading in tents and uses a surefire diffuser then. it's really overkill to read with so I was thinking a 10lumen low for reading or doing things indoor and 120-130lumens for outside work (and still have a decent runtime vs. more lumens)

could someone point me in the right direction?:shrug:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Would you like two stage from the drop-in or the switch?

One would have the multi stage thing in the tailcap(weather it be a two stage clickie or a microprocessor controlled circuit) and the other will have in in the circuitry in the drop-in(quick on-off-on cycle changes modes).

Beastmaster

Enlightened
I like having the switch do the multiple stages - this allows me to use nearly any drop in (I use BOG, Malkoff, and OpticsHQ) and I just have to learn the tail cap UI.

I personally use the OpticsHQ tailcap myself.

-Steve

setherd

Newly Enlightened
Would you like two stage from the drop-in or the switch?

One would have the multi stage thing in the tailcap(weather it be a two stage clickie or a microprocessor controlled circuit) and the other will have in in the circuitry in the drop-in(quick on-off-on cycle changes modes).

in the switch I think would be better.
beastmaster: I'm going to look at the opticshq site for that, thanks!

winston

Enlightened
the McC2S is my favorite one. There's a thread on them in the Sandwich Shoppe forum.
-Winston

Edit: Your friend would have to give up his P61. These caps are LED only.

Last edited: