MTE C2 Rebel vs Seoul? (both single mode)

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need a few AA lights to give away, and I am thinking these are in my price range.

I actually own the SSC-p4 version (DX sku 1995) and it's an ok light and all, but I have to admit, I expected more. If it is any brighter than my ultrafire c3 sku 1993, it's not by much.

So, the rebel version (sku 2315) actually costs a tad more, which you would think meant it was better. Specs on DX call for 1300 lux on the rebel, 3700 on the SSC. But does that actually mean anything in real life performance?

I know the P4 is a U-bin, so to look at my chart it states anywhere from 91 to 118 LM's.

The Rebel is unknown since DX doesn't give you a bin on it, or state if it is the 0080 or 0100 variant.

About the only threads I could find related are about the multimode lights, which I wish to avoid. Here is one such thread.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-180704.html

So, anyone know which would be better, probably run off of alkalines?

In a related issue, the sku 1995 which I already own, if you take off the head on the back of the board it says 1.5 - 3.0V. I wonder if that is standard, or perhaps I didn't actually get the right parts in my lights to begin with, hence why I am under-whelmed? It is definately a single mode though, and I have been through the switch to repair it. Also removed the tailcap and just jumped it with a brass key. Have cleaned the head with alcohol and made sure it was nice and tight. None of these really seemed to have much effect (other than making it more reliable, but not this "hidden turbo mode" so often spoke of.)