When will the P61L come out?

slagell

Newly Enlightened
IS there any release date & price? I want it sooo bad. That and the Invictus.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
Re: When will the P60L come out?

Maybe you mean the Surefire P61L, the higher output LED module.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I emailed surefire about a week ago asking for this and they said 3rd quarter time frame. Bummer.

const451

Newly Enlightened
3rd quater????!!!!!

... meaning my Malkoff M60 will be getting the sole attention until then.

const451

Newly Enlightened
3rd quater????!!!!!

... meaning my M60 will be getting the sole attention until then.

sixshooter_45

Newly Enlightened
I e-mailed Gene about the listed 235+ lumens and asked if this was bulb or torch lumens and if I remember correctly, (no longer have e-mail), his answer was bulb lumes which would equate to approximately, (235 * .7), 165+ torch lumens.

Numbers

Enlightened

I emailed surefire about a week ago asking for this and they said 3rd quarter time frame. Bummer.
In my experience with SF customer service I have learned not to put too much stock in the answers they give to certain customer queries. I dont believe they are well trained in providing consistently accurate answers. In fact if a second call were to be placed to CS and answered by a different rep I would bet it's as likely as not that the answer would be different. In this case that's a good thing - I have hope (especially based on an answer from a single CS rep) that we will not have to wait until the 3rd quarter of 2008 for the P61L.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

well, another Malkoff for me then if the P61L is not coming out soon.

which makes me wonder, what emitter are they putting in the P61L for 200 torch lumen? R2s? Or a under-driven P7?

Stainz

Enlightened
Last Tuesday, when I placed an order for 3 dozen S-F 123s, the C-S guy at S-F told me re the P61L that it would be 'over two months' and that it would be rated at '200 Lumens'. My el-cheapo evil-bay 6P arrived with the S-F 123s Thursday. Saturday found me picking up a P60L for $33.90. inc s/t, from a local store for said 6P, then placing the combo 'in service'... I put it in my Jeep for car use. I have a 6P LED for the house. I am happy with the output of these 'lower level' lights, still wondering why I would need a flashlight that could give me a sunburn. They are interesting... of course, I reserve the right to get a P61L when they hit the market...

John

mwaldron

Enlightened
Is the P60L/P61L regulated?

I was looking at the Malkoff drop in yesterday and noticed it appears to be regulated until the batteries are too weak to continue then drops to direct drive.

Do the SF drop ins work in a similar way?

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
heres a shot from SF pdf

Resizeofsfledchart.jpg

const451

Newly Enlightened
I am happy with the output of these 'lower level' lights, still wondering why I would need a flashlight that could give me a sunburn. They are interesting... of course, I reserve the right to get a P61L when they hit the market...

John

I cannot disagree... even P60 is too bright for house & car & all around light. I wish someone will make a ~ 30 lumens drop in. And M60... I do have, of course, but I use it primarily to play with and to light up the street signs on country roads.