Help me pick a good one!

Darien

Newly Enlightened
I need some help, suggestions, advice on picking a new light. My budget is $150. I like both incandescent and LED and am not biased either way. I do not have many lights but I will tell you that I am familiar with the Fenix P3DCE, Inova T3 and T4 and the M@G 1185, M@G 1160. What would be your pick with my budget in mind? I currently EDC my P3D and like it.

Darien

KingGlamis

Banned
I'm sure the modded Mags would be the brightest. But if you want a store-bought light, consider a Streamlight Stinger HP. I was very impressed by it.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are you looking to do with this light? If it was one light for jacket pocket/gear bag duty then a Surefire A2 would be my choice. Gives you LED on love and a regulated incandescent on high.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What are you looking for in your next purchase?

You have good lights already, so I'd presume you want a flamethrower or something small.

Darien

Newly Enlightened
I spend a good bit of time in the deep woods and would like something very bright, medium sized . I haven't kept up much recently but had thought about a MRV, 7060 or possibly a Rattlesnake when I was reading a fair amount. I want to carry it with minimal hassle mostly in a holster. I guess I don't know what I want! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
if its for the woods an incandescent would be good but the a2 is 50 more bucks than you want to spend. try the bst forum and hopefuly get an a2 for cheaper or i saw a couple m3s there for 150 exactly.

generic808

Enlightened
Surefire 6P w/Malkoff drop-in with money to spare for some rechargeables :thumbsup:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Dereelight DBS might fit this task. It's the best throwing stock LED light and there are lower modes for times when you need more runtime.

Might be a bit big though. As wide as a maglite at the head but shorter and skinner body.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might sound like a broken record, but the Novatac 120P would be my choice if I did not have one and had $150.00 to spend.

If I already had a 120P, I would be ready to spend that money on a Surefire L1 or one of their new 2-stage E2L's.

The Novatac is just fantastic.

Darien

Newly Enlightened
Thanks ya'll for the suggestions. I checked all of the above mentioned lights out and almost went with the 6P/Malkoff but I couldn't help myself in the end. I just ordered a Dereelight DBS V2 and stayed just under budget, well I forgot about the batteries so I won't be over much. Thanks again for the input, I learned alot about some lights I wouldn't have known about.

Darien