Any tailcap mods for a Surefire 6P?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a BOG unit in a 6P and I'm wondering if there is a McClicky tailcap made for this mod that will give me an alternate power level. Also, is there one made that makes it a bit more accessible for one handed operation in tandem with a pistol such as a larger, more pronounced button? Is there an aftermarket flange made that can be installed for the 6P?

bspofford

Enlightened
On Ebay you can get a Solarforce clicky for $4.99 + $4.99 shipping. The Solarforce comes with a reverse clicky, but the separate tailcap that I received is a forward clicky. The Solarforce is nicely made, and the switch inside looks just like the LumaPower switch. It has a threaded retaining ring making access for such things as inserting a GITD silicone switch cover much easier. The tailcap is a little longer than the original Surefire, and although the switch and retaining ring fit in the Surefire just fine, the tailcap isn't long enough to cover the o-ring on the battery tube. On Ebay you will also find a more expensive Solarforce switch with a lockout feature, but I don't find this described on the manufacturer's website. There is another thread on upgrading the tailcap, but the parts alone cost almost as much as the 6P itself.