SureFire 2008 Catalog?

shadow01

Newly Enlightened
Anyone heard when the new flashlights in the 2008 catalog will be available for purchase? Looks like some very nice stuff!

jufam44

Enlightened
IIRC, the UA2 will be available in May, the UB2 available late this year. Arclights are unknown, the Titan T1A is also Unknown. X400 available in June or July. E1B is already out :)

shadow01

Newly Enlightened
Going by what they did last year, end of summer to fall?

Dang, that sucks. Wish I could get my hands on those soon. Makes me not want to purchase anything now. Those are some significant upgrades that are coming.

It's so funny. The same process holds true any time I want to buy something.
1. Go online are research the product.
2. Find that there is a forum dedicated to what you are looking to buy.
3. Get lots of input and continue researching...
4. Pull out the credit card and get ready to order!
5. Discover that there are brand new products coming out just around the corner.
6. Sit sadly and wait for the new stuff...LOL :whistle:

Last edited:

Masque

Newly Enlightened
SureFire's 2008 catalog contains products that will be released during 2008. So if it's not 2009 yet, they may not be out just yet either. :)

Stainz

Enlightened
They all pre-sell new goodies - I guess to test the waters. S&W had a revolver I wanted in their catalog last winter - finally available last fall - even higher than I thought it would be. My interest had waned. Buck Knives had a beauty on the catalog front covers for '07 - finally available in November. It was worth the wait. Crossing the 'pond', LGB, the German company who made G-scale model trains - for indoor & outdoor use - commonly did the same thing, sometimes not delivering the 'new' offerings for 1-2 years. Sadly, they went bankrupt 9/06 - and Marklin bought them. It is still anyone's guess as to if - not when - they will continue here. BTW, my handle, 'Stainz', was the Austrian meter gauge 0-4-0 steam switcher they used for a logo.

It really is understandable, to an extent. A small company, by testing the waters, will know what to expect in demand by the time production starts. Of course, a fast turnover producer, hmmm - like some offshore companies - can beat you to the market with a similar product. Then, you lose.

I got an order from S-F a week back... the requested '08 catalog is still MIA.

Stainz