LED for Surefire M6

razor7

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of any drop-in LEDs that are available for the M6 that are brighter than the 500 lumen incandescent lamps? Or will I have to have a bezel custom modded with multiple LEDs to get that kind of output?

roguesw

Enlightened
The Seoul P7 emitter has just been released, its capable of over 500 lumens,
but its a big LED, it wont fit through the back of the head of the M6, but will probably need to be dropped in through the front of the flashlight.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF,

I don't think there is a led drop in for the M6. But there is custom leds by Milkyspit. Do a search and all will be revealed...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
There are tower type drop ins for the M6, as well as the other tuboheads available from Surefire. I have one that was made by Arc Mania. Milkyspit has made some tower modules for the Surefire KT series.

Bill

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heres a P7 that I did in an M6.
It runs direct drive off of an 18650.
Pretty bright!, but not brighter than the MN21 bulb

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/191957

026.jpg

GPB

Enlightened
I think a 500+ lumen LED light violates the Kyoto protocol on Global Warming. Greenpeace may start picketing your house !!

seattlite

Enlightened
So what is the maximum output one can get from a LED Tower Module? What LED(Rebel 100, Q5, other) and at what drive level(750ma, 1A)?

I have 2 tower modules with Lux V(X and W binned). I'm thinking of doing an emitter swap.

razor7

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF,

I don't think there is a led drop in for the M6. But there is custom leds by Milkyspit. Do a search and all will be revealed...

Yeah, I kinda figured that is the direction I would have to go.

I am currently looking at a CREEmator or Tranzilla head for my E2E, after I get that I will ask him about the M6.

Thanks