My version of an A1 in Titanium (56k beware!)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent many hours last night working on this one. The body is the same from this thread but the head is new. It's a A1 type head. It's not a direct copy but very similar. Again boring out the inside took forever!

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brian

I really really do like that combination. The Aleph 1 combination looks absolutely awesome. Very nice indeed!!!

If you do compile a list, PLEASE add me to the Aleph 1 list!!! Awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

David

donn_

Flashaholic
So sell me the protos to finance the tooling.:devil:

When you do the A3, please consider giving it a finned head Mag look. That would be awesome!

I just checked McMaster-Carr. They have 6AL-4V at 2" diameter for $502.77 for 12". :naughty:

Last edited:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictures took a while with my dial up service it was worth every minute of the wait. :twothumbs Some pictures machining the Ti would be very cool! :cool: Next time :poke: maybe??? :grin2:

BigBoy

Enlightened
Your killing me ... I may have to go out and buy a lathe - but then I would probably injure myself - and anyway it would take 10 years to become a decent machinist.

Last edited:

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Oh that is NICE Brian. Well done and thanks for more inspirational photos.
Is the threading really hard? I am holding off learning that bit because I'm afraid I'll just stuff up all my stock....

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh that is NICE Brian. Well done and thanks for more inspirational photos.
Is the threading really hard? I am holding off learning that bit because I'm afraid I'll just stuff up all my stock....

Threading is not that difficult. It just takes a little practice. I would start on aluminum if you're concerned about screwing up expensive Ti stock. Do you have a threading dial on your lathe?

rkJr

Enlightened
"I spent many hours last night working on this one. The body is the same from this thread but the head is new. It's a A1 type head. It's not a direct copy but very similar. Again boring out the inside took forever!"

WOW!!!! and I thought I liked your other effort, which I do, but this one really rocks!

count me in for whenever you can do a run on these!

:clap: :twothumbs