Any experience with the new Energizer Hardcase lights

Pistolero

Enlightened
I was at Lowe's this weekend and was checking out the flashlight section for any new items or good deals.

I noticed the new Energizer HardCase series in the GRAY packaging
Looks like this, but none of those descriptions match. I've been thinking about getting one for the vehicles, since they look like they can take a beating.
http://www.energizer.com/products/flashlights/worklights/Pages/battery-operated-lantern.aspx

Two models that caught my eye.
The first was the 2AA (or 4AA) regular flashlight. I'm not exactly sure, but I think it had a CREE XRE emitter on it. I'm not very good at ID'ing emitters, but it's nearly identical to my rexlight 2.1 emitter.

The second was the bigger model 4aa (or 2D) with the swivel head. It was a 4LED lamp that had a White emitter, a red emitter (or two) and a green(or blue) emitter. I think the white one was a CREE XRE also. The colored one was for low light and for inspection, or at least that's what the packaging said.

I think it's neat that the newer emitters are finally making their way to market. That's now 3 or 4 companies that sell in mainstream outlets with newer/updated emitters: Rayovac, Brinkmann, TaskForce and Energizer. I wonder if we'll see them more in the home/general outdoors dept anytime soon.

Skibane

Enlightened
There's a pretty detailed discussion of both the "Tactical" and "Professional" versions of the 2-AA swivel-head model here.

Nice light.

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened
I was at Lowe's this weekend and was checking out the flashlight section for any new items or good deals.

I noticed the new Energizer HardCase series in the GRAY packaging
Looks like this, but none of those descriptions match. I've been thinking about getting one for the vehicles, since they look like they can take a beating.
http://www.energizer.com/products/flashlights/worklights/Pages/battery-operated-lantern.aspx

Did they have the 3 color headlamp at Lowe's?? It looks cool...

TUFHD3APH.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
My twins go to bed every night with the 4XAA version.There really tough lights.