Wow - Good for Arco...

Patriot

Flashaholic

Dukester, our threads were 1 minute apart and you beat me...lol. Apparently, it's kinda old news. I never realized that it had a li-ion battery but that makes it really attractive. I'll be interested to see where the L35 pricing comes in compared to this. Btw Magnalight, who also sells these, would probably sell them to CPFers at a discount....possibly $369ish with free shipping.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dukester, our threads were 1 minute apart and you beat me...lol. Apparently, it's kinda old news. I never realized that it had a li-ion battery but that makes it really attractive. I'll be interested to see where the L35 pricing comes in compared to this. Btw Magnalight, who also sells these, would probably sell them to CPFers at a discount....possibly $369ish with free shipping.

Thanks for the update. Yes, with the lith pack it certainly does reduce the weight by quite a bit. Wonder what the beam looks like, much of a thrower?

Dave

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks for the update. Yes, with the lith pack it certainly does reduce the weight by quite a bit. Wonder what the beam looks like, much of a thrower?

Dave

I'm curious also. Since the X990 does so well on tight focus I'm wondering if this would be equal or possibly better. I see it's a DS2 bulb but no where can I find the reflector size. I suppose I'll have to call Magnalight.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these coming on tues. I wil post some photo's later this week. Also have a Streamlight lightbox hid coming... Greg (at Brightguy wanted me to take a look at. I will take some photos of it too. I think I will end up keeping the Acro.... just lighter weight and lithium battery. I like that both lights come with difusser lenses stock. I am immagining that the Streamilight should have Monster throw and I do like the articulating head though.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these coming on tues. I wil post some photo's later this week. Also have a Streamlight lightbox hid coming... Greg (at Brightguy wanted me to take a look at. I will take some photos of it too. I think I will end up keeping the Acro.... just lighter weight and lithium battery. I like that both lights come with difusser lenses stock. I am immagining that the Streamilight should have Monster throw and I do like the articulating head though.

Looking forward to your report...:wave:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Boy, that's a pretty close copy of the Polarion P30 or P31 or whatever that model was that preceded the Helios.

P1 I think Bob. :)

I still like the looks of the P1 more though. I was going to purchase this RL-11 but the L35 is so close that I decided to wait.

Woodrow, I'm eager to hear your report. One of the things I'm most interested in is the run-time. It sounds like the L35 is going to be 100+ minute run-time which really appeals to me for a high output emergency light. I like that the RL-11 comes with the diffuser too. That a nice touch.

Did you pay full price or did you get a discount. I've been meaning to give him a call to get a discount coupon for this light, for CPFers.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I received both lights from Brightguy. Tonight I fired them both up. I will post some pics and comments tomorrow. My only hid experience is a UK 10Watt Lightcannon 100. The Acro was small and light enough that it greatly reminded me of the lc100, until I turned it on. I know that HID lights take a bit to spool up to total power, but the Acro was 3 times as bright as my SF E2DL with in a second or two. It is amazingly bright compared to any Q5 led I have had. It also puts to shame any spotlight I have used. Its hard to believe a 4 pound lantern can put out this much light.

The Streamlight Lightbox on the other hand, reminds me of playing Half-Life and seeing a monster you have to get past.... but knowing that nothing in your arsanol would even hurt it... let alone kill it.... and then you find the secret experimental particle accelorator that solves all your problems, and ruins the monster's night. It is not that it is brighter than the Acro... it is just so big and industrial looking, that it reminds me of something out of a video game. It is actually less heavy than I thought it would be, and it is somewhat bezel heavy, which is good, because the spot on this thing is very concentrated. You would be blinding anyone within half a mile or so...if you spotlight them with this thing. It is designed for throw, and throw it does.

Again, I will post comments and pics in the morning. For now, I am charging these things up and looking forward to playing with them both.

The main problem I now have.... is after putting both lights on their chargers... my E2DL is no longer working properly..... I remember it being bright.... now it feels like I have a 1993 5mm led that is seriously under driven. Don't play with HID's if you want to really be impressed with your led lights I guess. More later.....

BVH

Flashaholic
Oh no! You've got the HID bug now. It's one of those that modern antibiotics can't touch so looks like you're gonna have it forever....sorry! :D

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no! You've got the HID bug now. It's one of those that modern antibiotics can't touch so looks like you're gonna have it forever....sorry! :D

Wow, maybe... but looking at your sig line.... not as bad as you do! :) Some of those lights would make a 35watt look pretty dim Ill bet. If that lady from "Darkness Falls ever comes back to life.... Im moving nest door to you!

I took some pics and posted a few beamshots here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/197784

Last edited: