surefire backup or lumapower incendio

eric1975

Newly Enlightened
ok i want to buy a new light and its between the new surefire backup and the lumapower incendio can you help me make up my mind ? what one should i buy?

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
I have an E1B and it is a great light. The amount of throw is pretty amazing especially considering the size of the light. I prefer the simplicity of a 2 mode light and the low is still plenty to see in the dark. The lifetime warranty and made in the USA are pretty solid selling points in my book as well. I have never been disappointed in any of my Surefires. They cost a bit more but I really believe it is a superior product. Hope my 2 cents helps.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: surefire backup or llamapower incendio

Buy the one which meets your needs best.
I like the E1B over the lumapower incendio.
The lumapower incendio may be brighter but it has a weak clip.
I wanted a clip. The E1b is a larger light and only has 2 levels.

If you want a light with sheer brightness then go for the lumapower incendio.

If you want a cutting edge flashlight with 2 levels and a versatile clip which is heavy duty then get the E1B. BTW the E1B is made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty. Both big pluses for me.
I highly recommend that you handle each light personally before making a decision. If you are after the brighter light of the two. Then the decision is clear....lumapower incendio.
IMHO there is little to compare with these two lights. there is very little that they have in common other than the fact that they use the same battery. (BTW the E1B can not use rechargeable cells the incendio may be able to use them I don't know.)
Quality wise Surefire flashlights are much higher quality products. This is not opinion. It is fact. As a result the surefire E1B is more expensive.
If price is the deciding factor then there is no decision to be made the lumapower incendio is much cheaper than the E1b.
If the light is mission critical a light which you may stake your life upon then I would go with the Surefire.

Relying on the subjective opinions of others is a terrible way to buy a flashlight IMHO.

One disclaimer here...I Own the E1B but Not the lumapower incendio. Opinions of the lumapower incendio are based upon past ownership of lumapower products and reading just about everything there is to read about the light.

Yaesumofo

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
I'd have to agree with Yaesumofo -- not really sure why you have to decide between a $110 E1B vs a $58 IncenDio. They really are not in the same class feature wise nor price wise.

BTW, the IncenDio can use RCR123 cells and is even brighter when doing so. About 130 lumens out the front on regular primary 123's and maybe even 160 lumens on rechargeables (the E1B only claims 80 lumens on high). The claimed IncenDio runtime using the high setting is over 2 hours vs only 1.3 hours for the E1B.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Moderation
Inappropriate comment removed. Come on... let's not go there. :shakehead

Edit: Apologies to moderators for overstepping the mark, only just saw the request and then noticed that it had already been rectified.

I'd have to agree with Yaesumofo -- not really sure why you have to decide between a $110 E1B vs a $58 IncenDio. They really are not in the same class feature wise nor price wise.
How is it that they aren't in the same class? Both are single CR123 cell multi level LED lights designed to be carried as a back up light. :thinking: Just because one costs more than the other doesn't mean they aren't comparable.

I was interested in the E1B until i found out that it wasn't compatible with rechargeable cells. I have now become interested in the Lumapower since seeing some reviews on it.

Last edited:

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
If resale value is an indicator of value then the E1b is your light. I just started this hobby 3 months ago and if this is going to be your hobby the ability to resell a light to try something else will become important. You will recoup more of your investment with the Surefire so you can try a different light. Just MHO

lyrrag

greenstuffs

Banned
BTW, the IncenDio can use RCR123 cells and is even brighter when doing so. About 130 lumens out the front on regular primary 123's and maybe even 160 lumens on rechargeables (the E1B only claims 80 lumens on high). The claimed IncenDio runtime using the high setting is over 2 hours vs only 1.3 hours for the E1B.

Import lights tend to have overinflated specs on paper, i will not come into conclusions until i see independant reviews.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I love the E1B. It's a great little light and near perfect in every way. If you're really a die-hard rechargeable user though you'll have to get the lumapower. I haven't held one yet but there have been two really good reviews of it. It's also a little bit smaller yet. I don't think you can to wrong with either one.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is the first one cell led light you will own then Surefire before Lumapower.

Having said that if you wish to pocket carry or wish to use rechargeables then Incendio.

If reliability and predictability is important then E1b (not implying that Incendio is not reliable) because you only have two levels and always those levels in that specified order (always know what to expect).

Anyway you really need to handle the lights to see which one will give you better service and satisfaction. That is one reason we should 'always' buy more lights than we absolutely need:naughty:. Happy shopping.