Is Kai Domain having problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened
There are a couple of items I'd like to pick up from them but I can't get anything into the cart and there is a note about a new web site being built on the front of the site.

I've never ordered from KD before so I thought I'd ask if it's just me or if the site is having some problems.

Thanks. :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
is usually means the item is actually out of stock. I really hope they clean up the website...

Crenshaw

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I tried to order from them the other day but if you put more than one item in your cart, it all disappears.

It looked like I could make multiple orders of single items, but it freaked me out and I went back to DX. . .

ReP0

Newly Enlightened
There are a couple of items I'd like to pick up from them but I can't get anything into the cart and there is a note about a new web site being built on the front of the site.

I've never ordered from KD before so I thought I'd ask if it's just me or if the site is having some problems.

Thanks. :)

My only advice to you is avoid KD like the plague. Seriosusly more trouble than it is worth. They stuff up orders and don't want to fix them, their stock indicator is bogus as is their shipping indicator and you wait forever sometimes for the simplest thing even though it's supposedly in stock but yet takes a month to ship..bah a crap company to deal with. The whole thing is unprofessional. Be happy that the gods are smiling and you are having trouble placing an order. Go with DX instead.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I tried to order from them the other day but if you put more than one item in your cart, it all disappears.

It looked like I could make multiple orders of single items, but it freaked me out and I went back to DX. . .

I placed an order last week and discovered that if I tried to add anything to my cart that was out of stock, my entire cart was deleted and I had to start over. I was able to order most of what I wanted, it just took a while cuz I didn't pay close attention and kept trying to add items that were not in stock.
My order status shows "shipped" now so we'll see how long it takes to get to Texas.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
From all appearances, they're redoing their website. This is what I know with KD is that they do put serious effort in trying to cater to us flashlight enthusiasts. So on the effort side, I put them in high regard. But admittedly, their execution has room for improvement. I have seen complaints from people here that range from inaccurate product descriptions to sudden product price changes without notice. Now keep in mind, those kind of things aren't that out of the ordinary for online dealers anyway. But I guess when there are many dealers that do the same thing, a consumer can't help but compare and expect the same level of service from each of them. But hey guys, lets not get all bent out of shape here with KD's shortcomings. In the grand scheme of things, they are an excellent resource of products for us flashlight enthusiasts and I know they are more than willing to listen to us. My suggestion would be that you make known your issues and ideas to their customer service people. Jerry is their top flashlight guy and I know he is more than willing to listen and help out us flashlight enthusiasts. I for one support their efforts and I would like to see them succeed because in the grand scheme of things, the more dealers there are, the better it is for us. Competition is a good thing as it keeps up product variety, service improvements (which is in need of work here) and prices low...I don't see that as a bad thing as a consumer.

So instead of complaining and telling fellow CPF'ers to "avoid them like a plague", why not encourage people to contact them and tell them you want improvements. Tell them your ideas, tell them things you want while still being their customer. Ultimately as a consumer, I think that's a better way to make a dealer improve rather than just complain to others and stopping patronage...especially in this case where a dealer has such a potential to be an excellent resource for this wonderful flashlight hobby of ours.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing this is the LED flashlight forum and not a dealer website discussion forum, why not try getting your questions addressed from the dealer in the appropriate forum at the marketplace?

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.