Is it possible that i received a faked LumaPower ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Woodman

Banned
I wondering if it's possible that i have received a "FAKE" of a LumaPower MRV? Does somebody know if they are selling fake at e-bay?

How can i see the diffrerence between the real and the fake ?

Last edited:

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is it possible that i received a LumaPower fake

I wondering if it's possible that i have received a "FAKE" of a LumaPower MRV? Does somebody know if they are selling fake at e-bay?

How can i see the diffrent between the real and the fake ?

LumaPower got to be very famous/popular/expensive to be faked.

Alan

Max Woodman

Banned

LumaPower got to be very famous/popular/expensive to be faked.

Alan

Copy from LumaPowers site..:thinking: and what i know is ther only one seller at e-bay who sales just LumaPower MRV and also LumaCraft D-mini??? CQG

We have been receiving many inquiries and complaints that there are Lumapower products being sold at abnormal price in some web shops recently. We have investigated and certified that these are FAKE Lumapower flashlights which include LumaHunter MRV and LumaCraft D-mini. Please note that we would not provide any warranty or after sales service and support to these fake Lumapower products.

Respecting and supporting intellectual property, please do not buy anything from pirates. Genuine Lumapower products are being distributed by our authorized dealers.

Started from Oct 2007, all Lumapower flashlights are bundled with Warranty Card. This can help buyers and users to idendify genuine Lumapower products.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Max Woodman

Banned

I suggest that you search for MRV's reviews and compare the posted pictures with your flashlight.

Here's a few:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/164966
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/165551
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/173652

By the way why do you think that your Lumapower is a fake? :confused:

And also: :welcome:

Hey..Thanks for your warm welcome;-):huh:

Well well..because the LumaPower give out a "BIG WARNING" for faked MRV, then i think ther is a reason to bee worry about a faked MRV version.

EDIT:

Hey..i just got this answer from LumaPowers own support.
--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Woodman

It should be fake.

We never sold any flashlight thru CHINA channel.
We have our distribution list at our web.

Best regards,

RXXX - Lumapower CS

Lumapower Team, [email protected]
2008-05-22

Last edited:

horizonseeker

Enlightened

that's not taking into account the short-lived flood of MRV from the lp split up that was rumored to have placed low price MRV into dealextreme inventory sometime last year (could be wrong on the time).

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's surprising. I don't have any Lumapower, and I know they make pretty good lights, but when a company is trying to make a fake product, don't want to make a fake of the more expensive items? No disrespect here, just my thoughts.

BMF

Enlightened
How do I know it's a fake product if I bought it from a member here at MarketPlace? The previous owner probably might not know about it either.

Max Woodman

Banned
How do I know it's a fake product if I bought it from a member here at MarketPlace? The previous owner probably might not know about it either.

I bought it BRAND NEW from: "ChinaQualityGoods" the only one who sales LumaPower at e-bay. :poof:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

And downhere is the "FAKE WARNING" from LumaPower.

We have been receiving many inquiries and complaints that there are Lumapower products being sold at abnormal price in some web shops recently. We have investigated and certified that these are "FAKE" Lumapower flashlights which include "LumaHunter MRV" and LumaCraft D-mini. Please note that we would not provide any warranty or after sales service and support to these "fake Lumapower products"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And downhere is the answer from LumaPowers support, when i ask them if ChinaQualityGoods are selling Real or FAKED LumaPower.

Dear Mr Woodman

"It should be fake"

We never sold any flashlight thru CHINA channel.
We have our distribution list at our web.

Best regards,

RXXX - Lumapower CS

Lumapower Team, [email protected]
2008-05-22

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Max, your MRV might be a fake but up to now there is no proof that it is a fake.

Have you noticed anything in the appearance or operation of this flashlight that seems not normal? :confused:

As Horizonseeker said, when last year Lumapower split up some of the people who left the company were paid with flashlights. And these flashlights at the time were regular Lumapower lights. Thinking that all those people sold their lights to get back the money all these lights must have ended up on the marketplace in China. Lumapower can now claim that they are fakes but at the time it was not so.

Max Woodman

Banned
Max, your MRV might be a fake but up to now there is no proof that it is a fake.

Have you noticed anything in the appearance or operation of this flashlight that seems not normal? :confused:

As Horizonseeker said, when last year Lumapower split up some of the people who left the company were paid with flashlights. And these flashlights at the time were regular Lumapower lights. Thinking that all those people sold their lights to get back the money all these lights must have ended up on the marketplace in China. Lumapower can now claim that they are fakes but at the time it was not so.

Hey there..
My MRV is from the second generation, dark grey. :whistle:
This one: http://cgi.ebay.com/LumaPower-MRV-R...yZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You still have not told us what appears to be wrong in your flashlight apart from theories. Is it working properly?

Max Woodman

Banned
You still have not told us what appears to be wrong in your flashlight apart from theories. Is it working properly?

I have contacted the superior at "ChinaQualityGoods" wating for answer.

By the way this is all the "Seller information" i received from PPal and e-bay. Not a very serious impression. (sorry)

NAME: ????????????
ADDRESS: ??? ?????????????6?13A
PHONE: 075525507076

What is this? a Practical joke? This is all the information i have about the people behind "ChinaQualityGoods" :shakehead Why do they hide?

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you bought it on eBay, paying with PayPal, you can claim to PayPal for counterfeit stuff! I've been refunded twice for fake stuff like that!

Max Woodman

Banned
I have now received answers from "ChinaQualityGoods" if it's a fake or not? look dowmhere. Please comments..the answer
-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Woodman

We are pretty sure, all of our products are true!

Best regards XXX

Customer Support
Chinaqualitygoods

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
What led you to believe it was fake in the first place?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have contacted the superior at "ChinaQualityGoods" wating for answer.

By the way this is all the "Seller information" i received from PPal and e-bay. Not a very serious impression. (sorry)

NAME: ????????????
ADDRESS: ??? ?????????????6?13A
PHONE: 075525507076

What is this? a Practical joke? This is all the information i have about the people behind "ChinaQualityGoods" :shakehead Why do they hide?

Your computer lack the proper coding to display chinese character, so problem is on your end I'm afraid.

Still you haven't said why do you believe it's a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.