who bought my 12z off ebay back in 2000?(date edited)

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
Back before I was awakened to the idea of collecting Surefire flashlights I sold a real beauty, around 2000-2001. It was a 12z my wife had bought me for Christmas. This was back before CR123's could be bought in bulk and I was having to buy them at $5 a piece from Wal-Mart. I only got about twenty minutes useage out of four batts and that was too expensive for me. Like a dumbbutt I sold it on ebay for I believe $175. Now, I am a little better off financially than then, have a little more knowledge of flashlights, buy my CR123's by the case and I really regret selling my light. My wife bought me that light our first Christmas after we got married and I'd REALLY like to have it back. Does anyone remember buying a 12z from an ebay user whose name was constablescott? Uhhhhhh, do ya want to sell it back to me? I have some really neat stuff I'd be willing to trade. Anyone remember such a thing? Even if the person won't sell it back, I'd still like to just see if I can locate the buyer.

Last edited:

Cowley

Newly Enlightened
Re: who bought my 12z off ebay back in 1997?

Scott,

I wish you luck in your search. It will be really fun if you are reunited with your old light!

Cowley

Patriot

Flashaholic

Good luck with this one Scott......:huh:

If I was C3-PO from StarWars, I'd instantly be able to quote you the odds of finding your light sold 13 years ago.....through ebay :)

Niconical

Enlightened

Might there be a financial record to help find the buyer?
Receipt of a money order/check deposited in a bank, or a transfer?

Just a thought :thinking:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast

You could find the bidder's name in your feedback and send him a message..

ConfederateScott

Enlightened

I don't remember exactly how the buyer paid, but I imagine it was a money order. That was before I was PayPal registered. I do remember the buyer telling me at the time that he was a CPF user. I know this is a longshot, but I thought it might be a hoot to try anyway. I didn't think of the feedback route....I'll start looking. Thanks for the idea.

Aluminous

Enlightened

You don't have an eBay account by that name anymore, do you? Did you rename the account to something else, or did you go NARU?

Code:
User ID 		Effective Date 		End Date
confederatescott 	May-18-08 		Present
altonscotty 		Dec-22-07 		May-18-08
constablescott 		Apr-03-99 		Dec-22-07

So looks like it must have been sold no earlier than 1999, not 1996/1997, since 'constablescott' didn't exist then. (Unless for some bizarre reason, he had been registered in 1996/1997, but then removed the original account and then re-registered a couple years later with the exact same username.)

http://myworld.ebay.com/confederatescott/

Earliest feedback received as a seller was in July 2001. Earliest feedback left for people who bought from him is in Jan/Feb 2000 (only thing earlier is one from Apr 1999, for someone who sold to him). So if this sale did take place in 1999, neither participant left feedback.

Without a feedback trail, the only way to track down the buyer is if you find financial records (as mentioned by Niconical), or the buyer happens to stumble across this thread.

ConfederateScott

Enlightened

Your right it must have been in 2001....my bad...seemed a lot longer than that. I appreciate the info. Very good stuff, thanks bunches.

Last edited:

Aluminous

Enlightened

Your right it must have been in 2001....my bad...seemed a lot longer than that. I appreciate the info. Very good stuff, thanks bunches.

Good, glad it helped. :)

Correction to my prior post: Looking through 'all feedback' received instead of just 'as a seller', I did find some more that ebay had left out of the 'as a seller' list -- there are some 1999 and 2000 sales with feedback (and 2001 too, of course).

So anyway, my thought was, since the person actually told you they were a CPF user, perhaps they are registered here with the same username. There were about 130 possibilities (10 in 1999, 53 in 2000, 68 in 2001), based on the feedback. Well, I checked all of them against the CPF members list, but none of them match. :sigh: Seems dumb now, but would've been cool if it worked. Oh well. Good luck. :)

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
That 12z is a good looking light! I googled it and 1 hit was from the CPF market place, apparently someone sold one in 2006.

Good luck sir constable!

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
Wll everyone loves a good mystery. I remember specifically that the buyer acknowledged being a CPF member. I seem to remember that he was a pretty active user too. If I could just remember his username. I am resting my hopes that he will see this post and contact me. Even if he says he won't sell it back. Wouldn't that be neat after all this time?

Mdinana

Enlightened
you tried talking to the moderators yet? Maybe around that time there was a post with someone bragging about his new light?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
C.S.I. (Candlepower Scene Investigators) in action! :)

Chances are that the purchaser of your light probably sold it or gave it away to someone else during the ensuring 7 years.

Best of luck.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Good luck and don't give up easy. It sounds like a good Karmic correction :thumbsup:
Check what stitch_paradox said - one user sold one in the marketplace in 2006. Chase down that user and find out where he bought it from. He might say "oh, member so and so..." and off you go to that user. If it turns out to be yours, then go after the guy who bought it in 2006. Lot of hassle and work but I think it's a very worthy project. Correct that old mistake and get your wife's gift back. I'm wishing you the best of luck you hear...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being one of the first mods, I looked over the Ebay buyers in your feedback around the specified time, and didn't recognize any names a 100%, however "flintknapper" and "rentacop" sound vaguely familiar (though that's really a shot in the dark...).

--dan

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
Tonight I'm going to start going through all the CPF registered users, readin the usernames and see if something rings a bell. I see that there is over 10,000. That ought to be time consuming. If I didn't remember the buyer saying he was a user of CPF I wouldn't have brought this up here, but I know he's here.....somewhere