• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Poll: Who is the biggest LunaSol fan?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
really? i had no idea yae was a lunasol fan....:whistle:

:nana:

all in good fun..:D

Crenshaw

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
yaesumofo is definitely the most vocal LunaSol fan, but I highly doubt that he could love his LunaSol 20 more than I love mine.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
He also take the "Most Lunasol Threads Opened award" :lolsign:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure exactly how I should respond to this thread.
I am not only a big fan of the Lunasol concept but I am a supporter of Don and his efforts to bring us what are in my opinion great advancements in the art and science of flashlight design. Having a good tool doesn't mean that you can or even should be doing the job which requires said tool.
Flashlights are different in that they are a universal tool.

Don (it seems to me) works pretty darn hard to create the best illumination tools available. If you look at the evolution of Don's flashlights it is clear that anything learned in a prior generation goes into the next generation (if possible).
To me the Lunasol is the culmination of a couple of years of work, trial and error and research and development.
Don works hard and I hope ends up being well rewarded for is hard work.

I believe that people like Don are rare and they need our support and encouragement in order to continue. Unlike some other light makers it isn't always about profit and loss with Don. Sure he makes a product and sell them. I hope he is able to make enough to be motivated to continue.
It is clear to me that Money is NOT Don's primary motivation. It helps but that it NOT the core. In my mind that is part of what makes Don such a special person. He has trust and integrity .

MY motivation for creating posts about the Lunasol (If you look to the past you will notice that I have done similar "runs" of threads about other lights which Don has produced) is to create a space where we can all learn more about the Light, how it works, How it works for each of us on an individual basis, in order to help others determine if the light will work for them. All we have here is communication. IMHO there is plenty of Bullshit here and elsewhere where people talk about how to get the most light out of their cheap clone, or which Fenix to buy and where is it the cheapest and what DX piece of crap to get...Stuff like that really doesn't further the Art. It doesn't help Don to determine a direction to go in. It doesn't help us to figure out if a light will do the job for us.
When I zero in on something like the Lunasol concept it is because it has sparked something in me. When the reality of the light is better than the talk. I become excited when I see something which is truly evolutionary...like the PD was, like the Mule was, like the Lunasol is.
I am able to express my excitement by creating threads where we share this and spread it. While I have a few of these lights and use them the learning doesn't stop there. I want to learn from you guys, I am very interested in your opinions and how something effects how you do things.
In the case of the Lunasol. The way I search for a light to own has changed. I have raised my own expectations of what I need from a flashlight. My needs and expectations have evolved as these lights have evolved.

I look forward to continued discussion about what ever Don creates. The next thing on the horizon is the Sundrop. I am already a fan and do not have one. I certainly like the idea though and I will be watching it closely. I have a feeling that the idea of rendering color correctly using the light from LED's is going to become a BIG thing around here. Ofcourse Don is blazing the trail. I hope to support him along the way.

I will take this thread as a vote of support for me and my efforts to create and maintain an environment of communication and continued learning and support of Don on this journey we are all on together.
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yaesumofo ... good post :)

Since you are taking the thread in a positive way and since we are in Don's house I guess this thread can survive, despite the most evil intentions of the OP :D :poke: :nana:

bernie

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . .

I will take this thread as a vote of support for me and my efforts to create and maintain an environment of communication and continued learning and support of Don on this journey we are all on together.

Yaesumofo

That's how you should take this thread, in my opinion, Yaesumofo. Keep up the postings my fellow LunaSol afficionado! As long as they aren't fluff threads (which they aren't), I don't think you could have too many LunaSol threads.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yaesumofo, your posts are usually very informative. You were actually the one that pushed me to dropping a few benjamins to buy the Lunasol 20 and my very first McGizmo. So your threads do work.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Yaesumofo,
I voted for you but I think the selections were a tad on the biased side. :nana:

In the privacy of my own home and in the silence of the night, I think I am the biggest LunaSol fan I know. It is a private thing though for me and for likely obvious reasons....

I do appreciate your interest and candor, at least most of the time, and you shouldn't and don't cater to anyone's interest but your own. Even when I may feel you are off target or perhaps on thin ice in a social context, I appreciate the fact that you are "your own person". :thumbsup:

As an aside, TIN thinks my PD's suck but I respect him for similar reasons and like to read what he has to say.