best keychain LED?

ClarkWGrizwald

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know the best keychain LED money can buy? i looked at the arcs but they are a bit too big i think. im anal on how big my set of keys are as i keep them in my back pocket most times. i want one of the traditional cheap-o keychain LED things but high end. do they even make those? the inova ones look like they might be good...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
As far as coin cell lights go, hard to top a Photon II or Princeton tec Pulsar II.

A good less expensive option are the .99 cent Lighthound brand coin cell lights.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want my keys light, and not overly long, too heavy is not good for the ignition, and too long and they bang on the column and mar it. That, and the fact they have never failed me, is why I carry two Photon IIs, a red and a white on my keychains. Ultra light, reliable, long battery life, and they throw plenty of light for emergency use or keychain uses.

Everyone in my family has them on their keychains, I bought them. They are the best and what I put on everyone I love keys to perhaps save their life? That is as good a recomendation as I can give.

nbp

Flashaholic
does anyone know the best keychain LED money can buy? i want one of the traditional cheap-o keychain LED things but high end.

I don't get the question...do you want a high end light or a cheapo light?? Because basically all those button cell lights are pretty crappy. If you want "the best keychain led money can buy", I'd agree with goatee and look at Lummi. It won't look, feel or function anything like a squeezee button light, but you'll have a reeeaallly sweet light. :naughty:

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the coin cell lights I have of course ordered the fauxtons from DX and have several people hooked on them. I have gotten free-bee ones from both Battery Junction and Light Hound in the past. For some reason, the most recent one I have gotten from Light Hound has a much nicer tint than others I have gotten. I don't know if it was just luck of the draw or what, but I really like it! DX now advertises the Nichia 35K MCD's that look like the older fauxtons. I have really wondered if they would be worth the extra price. I mean, they are like 6 or 7 times more than the 22K's, but it is a Nichia.

On a side note, I have been wanting to order either some 55K 5mm's or even the 280K MCD 10mm's from Ebay and try them in one of the coin cell lights. Although I don't need 50 or 100. I wonder if anyone would buy them on the marketplace. I could just ship them in an envelope with a stamp, so seems I could keep shipping at about .50

I mentioned them in this other thread about using them in my van, but heatsinking was going to be a real chore. However, if they are only gonna run a minute or less at a time....
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/195168

If I misunderstood and you didn't mean coin cell lights, there is always the KD V4.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea that lummi looks awesome! but it seems like that thing would get red hot?

My orb raw al takes about 5 minutes to get too hot to touch on high mode. I'd say there'd be no heat problems with a wee on 20 lumens, possibly after extended running without hand contact with a 50 lumen version (tail stand for 10 minutes), though ok otherwise, and I think you would have problems with extended use with an 80 lumen pill. However, I have no personal experience with a wee, only a raw al (though hopefully this'll change sometime!!)

tricker

Enlightened
modamag draco by far......very far
100_0287.jpg

Last edited: