Terralux vs. MagLed?

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between the Tle-6ex and the MagLed which one has the longest runtime?
I know the tle-6ex is brighter but I'm more interested in runtime. Assuming running both in a 4d.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably the magled cuz the thermal reg will kick in and drop the current so over the long hall it will use less battery thus more runtime but lower output

JamisonM

Enlightened
I'd say magled will have a longer runtime. Shortly after turning it on, it will throttle itself back due to poor heatsinking. It will continue to do this and eventually, level off. Once it levels off, it's a around the brightness of a luxeon I. If you're looking for long runtimes, Nite-Ize has a 1-6 cell PR drop-in for half the price of the magled modues. Though not as bright, Nite-Ize advertises 110 hours of runtime in a 4D light.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks,but I already have the MagLed. I was trying to decide if the Terralux would be worth getting. If the Terralux would run as long as the Magled I was going to purchase. It would be nice if Mag would update their led to a k2 tffc or a cree. That way they could run it at the same current and it would probably be considerably brighter while having the same runtime.

Marduke

Flashaholic
With a little bit of work, you can swap the Lux III out for a SSC P4-U for approximately double the brightness and the same runtime

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure wish Terralux would make a tle6ex with less current draw. It would be about the same as above.