Fenix TK10 colour Temp?

rmorgan84

Newly Enlightened
How does the colour temp of a fenix TK-10 compare with a Surefire with a Malkoff M60?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fenix lights I've compared have usually been higher color temp than average. But generally not bad or unusable.
The Malkoff is superb because gene uses a specific LED bin and has great quality control.
Surefires I've heard vary widely though most complaints I've read here were of unfavorable yellow/ green tints on whitewalls. However I believe these complaints have been the exceptions not the rule.
It will depend a bit on which surefire model you're talking about though. Some SF use SSCs which generally are higher in color temp, bluer in tint, whereas all the yellow/ green complaints I've seen were about Cree based SF lights.

Last edited:

rmorgan84

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that! So in your opinion the Malkoff M60 in say a 6P would have a nicer colour temp than a fenix TK10?

fireboltr

Enlightened
In my opinion it would

my Malkoff M60 is almost incan like......
Genes products kick a**

compared to my other q5 led lights the Malkoff has the best color rendition
the others make everything seem flat....

Jst my .02 cents worth

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that! So in your opinion the Malkoff M60 in say a 6P would have a nicer colour temp than a fenix TK10?

It depends on the tint of your TK10. I have two TK10's and a Malkoff M60 Q5. My one TK10's tint/color temp is virtually identical to my Malkoff M60, the other TK10 is slightly more cooler with a hint of purple in the tint compare to the Malkoff M60.

The Malkoff's I've had have had very nuetral tints. The Malkoff M60 is a great drop in for P60 hosts. It has a great combination of throw and wide spill.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that with Fenix you're playing the lottery. You could get a good one, or you could get a poor one. You've got a better chance with the Malkoff, but even then, tint is a very "personal" thing so though I'd say go fir that if tint matters but don't expect perfection.