Dereelight CL1H V4 vs. Fenix TK11?

• Fenix TK11

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • Dereelight CL1H V4

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a CL1H V4 already? I didn't know that. I have to buy this.

rayman

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dereelight for me.

I assume it throws better than the TK11?

Also it is upgradeable which is great.

It has a proper low mode of 5% of max output.

Regulation according to Fenix isn't quite up to normal standards for the TK11, not that it matters much but that plays into the hands of the Dereelight IMHO.

daimleramg

Banned

patycake57

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the graphs, I think the TK11 has much better regulation. It drops about 20% on high, and is almost completely flat on low. The Dereelight drops 50% on high, and it looks like it has a continuous drop on low, though the axis makes it look squished and difficult to see changes. The TK11 is not as flat we usually expect from Fenix. However, this doesn't look like it is entirely related to the 18650, as a similar drop in output occurs with the CR123s.

Citivolus

Enlightened
I dont know if Dereelight uses the same pill as V3 but look at chart of the regulation of V3...

http://www.light-reviews.com/dereelight_cl1h/review_2sd.html

seems like the fenix has the same regulation

This may open a can of worms, but that review site uses no cooling for tests (see their forums, their claim is that the human body is a poor heat sink, I'm preparing some tests to test their claim), so the runtime graphs can be a bit deceptive in the regulation department as far as what light output you will get at a given battery discharge level. Given a bit of air flow or a real hand holding the torch, and the regulation of the CL1H is dead flat. The following graph was done with air flow typical of what you would get while out walking.

cl1h.png

Regards,
Eric

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That makes no sense. Even without cooling, when the output hits ~50%, you wouldn't need any cooling, so output would rise, etc. What you should see is something very similar to the mag graph- a huge immediate drop-off, then a steady level for the rest of the time.

This is why thermal protection is a bad idea.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Mev had just a bad or outdated pill. I doubt that is caused by a lack of cooling.

Fird

Enlightened
it's been stated before that the CL1H light reviewed on lightreviews was faulty, there's no such drop in my version.

I'm going to have to actually bite the bullet and buy a fenix one of these days so i can give a better educated opinion. Their UI has kept me away so far (all those nasty blinky things). but it looks like they've fixed that with the tactical series.

SilentK

Enlightened
I am going to have to go with the tk11. Fenix is just so popular on this forum and i hear so many good things about them. Aslo switching modes is so simple :twothumbs Just a twist. Now for the hardest decision in my life. A leatherman for my blade collection or a fenix tk11 for my light collection :rolleyes: ........Let there be light!! :D

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
A leatherman for my blade collection or a fenix tk11 for my light collection :rolleyes: ........Let there be light!! :D
Yes go for the TK11. My blade collection just sits there looking at me wondering why nothing gets any use.
Man I was stupid to start collecting knives...
ohgeez.gif

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
today i just received the UCL lens for my CL1H V3 R2 pill and the difference by swapping the lens is significant.
Now i just waiting for the Cree R4 or Cree Quad die pill to be fit in my CL1H V3 :whistle:

daimleramg

Banned
This may open a can of worms, but that review site uses no cooling for tests (see their forums, their claim is that the human body is a poor heat sink, I'm preparing some tests to test their claim), so the runtime graphs can be a bit deceptive in the regulation department as far as what light output you will get at a given battery discharge level. Given a bit of air flow or a real hand holding the torch, and the regulation of the CL1H is dead flat. The following graph was done with air flow typical of what you would get while out walking.

cl1h.png

Regards,
Eric

Do you need a can opener? The chart I linked doesnt belong to me so theres nothing for me to defend. I just havent seen this chart that you posted before, now the question is which chart is more creditable?

Citivolus

Enlightened
Do you need a can opener? The chart I linked doesnt belong to me so theres nothing for me to defend. I just havent seen this chart that you posted before, now the question is which chart is more creditable?

I guess it depends on who's testing methodology you think is closer to your real usage scenario. Those test conditions are valid for my usage, but may not be for everyone.

I really wasn't after taking the thread off topic, I just wanted to say that the CL1H pills really do seem to be well regulated despite some of the indications otherwise.

Regards,
Eric

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for the TK11 since I prefer the simpler UI. I've never liked multi-click or click and hold style lights.

ES13Raven

Newly Enlightened
These are the 2 that I will be considering for my next flashlight...

To those that voted, what to you like and dislike about each light?

sims2k

Enlightened
My vote goes to the CL1H V4. Perfect compliment to my Solarforce L2 R2 and Surefire 6P. Being able to replace the emitter module without modding is a big plus for me.

Metatron

Banned
hey lads just picked up my cl1h v4 from the post office, whacked in a 18650 and i wanna tell u, its nothing short of great. the beam is tight, less spill than the tk10, which i have and adore! the light is cool white as opposed to warm white of the tk10. the clicky is a bit tough, need a good thumb there! anyone serious about torches cant go past these 2 models. together with my van hoy snap fire knife that i received today from ebay, i am whole again:)