Fenix P3D Q5 Vs. TK10 Beamshot Request

husky20

Banned
well i forgot about that but he did compare it to the p2d witch is pretty close but there is other videos on there that compare and show both i have the p3d rebel and love it im holding out for the next gen of power!:thumbsup:

1 what

Enlightened
T1 on left (=TK10) and P3D on right.
Both on turbo.
Garage doors 15M from camera.
First photo 1 sec at F4.5 (Canon Power Shot S45)
1484872lp3.jpg

Next photo at 1/6 sec and F4.5
1484876rq9.jpg

\Hope this helps.

Doug

Enlightened
That's the P3D Q5? 215 lumens? I would think the difference between 225 (TK10) and 215 (P3D Q5) would be subtle....

Last edited:

Mag317

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

i'm new. Just curious, why both flashlights using the same LED(Cree Premium (Q5) 7090 XR-E LED) and runs with two CR123 batteries but yet produce different output?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

i'm new. Just curious, why both flashlights using the same LED(Cree Premium (Q5) 7090 XR-E LED) and runs with two CR123 batteries but yet produce different output?

The reflectors are not the same. That has huge implications for throw, which is what these pictures compare. The output of each is likely very similar, but more light is concentrated in the TK10's hotspot.

Mag317

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the enlightenment :wave:

The reflectors are not the same. That has huge implications for throw, which is what these pictures compare. The output of each is likely very similar, but more light is concentrated in the TK10's hotspot.

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
I believe if you watch the clip closely, I think you'll see that he accidently mis-names the P3D as a P2D. The light he uses mid-clip just before the tactical fenixes looks too long to be a P2D. (he does use the P2D at the end in his mouth). The reason the difference between P3D and T1/TK10 isn't subtle is because the larger tactical head allows the centre beam to be a bit more focused.

(edit) ah, should have read better, yes, more focused because of the different reflector/bigger head.

husky20

Banned
I believe if you watch the clip closely, I think you'll see that he accidently mis-names the P3D as a P2D. The light he uses mid-clip just before the tactical fenixes looks too long to be a P2D. (he does use the P2D at the end in his mouth). The reason the difference between P3D and T1/TK10 isn't subtle is because the larger tactical head allows the centre beam to be a bit more focused.

(edit) ah, should have read better, yes, more focused because of the different reflector/bigger head.
yes i think you are right.:thumbsup:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
the TK10 also gives more power to the led
(noticeably lower runtime).
That makes more difference than the reflector