Rude People Suck!

Greta

Flashaholic
I have to get something off of my chest. This has been bothering me for longer now than I can even recall and I've never said anything... figured that people are busy and just don't have time or whatever. But then I just got to thinking... HELL NO!! It takes two seconds to be polite... screw "I don't have time!!".... So here's my *****...

As the webmaster, I get alot of email about lost passwords, problems logging in, problems with this or that, etc etc. Plus I handle most of the problems here on the board that are posted in the suggestions forum and questions forum. Some of you help me out ALOT in those forums and I really do appreciate that!... I'm sure you'll identify with what I'm saying.

Anyway... I try to help out and answer questions in a timely manner and to the best of my abilities. And ya know what? 9 times out of 10, I get no reply or acknowledgement whatsoever to the assistance I have offered. Nothing! Nada! No "thank you"... No "that worked!"... Not even a "Screw you!"... NOTHING!... Would it be so difficult to just simply send some response? I take the time to help you... You could at least take the time to let me know if it worked and to maybe say thank you. There is never any excuse for being rude. Rude people suck! And I know your mothers taught you better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
Ok Sasha you asked for it, you got it.

Screw You! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You know I'm kidding. I appreiciate all you do. Time and effort spent is above and beyond. Lots of stuff we see, and lots of stuff behind the scenes we don't see.

I remember when you first came on board. I thought it was a temporary thing to help arrange travel for one of our members. Next thing I know your the largest presence with the most power...Keep up the good work. You're kind of like the Frat Mom here to keep us in line.

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Next thing I know your the largest presence ...

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY!!! I just joined Weight Watchers... give me a break, huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
The largest presence must go to my wife. She just sent me a belly shot and she's huge. The baby was supposed to be here last week. My wife is very ready to have her. And I'm ready to have my wife back. Pregnant hormones are a scary thing.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Re: Sude Reople Puck!

Sasha... just remember that if everyone was nice, well, it would be a boring world!

Have a spare thanks from me that you can feel free to use as needed.

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Pregnant hormones are a scary thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! I should let her handle the rude people... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Sasha,
I guess some people think you getting paid $150,000 a year to be the head chick in charge is enough thanks (thank goodness they don't know about the raise). Others may feel they say thanks every month when their credit card is debited $20 for membership. Oh wait a minute, no pay and membership is free.

I guess some people (I hope it's the exception) are just rude and look at the forum as a right instead of a privilege.

Thanks for all you do, have done and will do in the future. "You're the WOMAN" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

DD

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
Your right Sasha!, I must admit that I am one of those that didn't respond to your helpful email. I personally apologize - I once asked for help logging in when I was a new member and I didn't respond even though your prompt answer solved the problem.

Somehow, it escaped me. I'm normally a polite person and will always say thanks when someone helps me out - I guess it's just a bit more impersonal online. I'll certainly be more considerate in the future.

My apologies, you certainly deserve that!, and a very delayed - Thank You!.

Al Havemann

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, you rock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Seriously, I've been privy to some of the changes and work that she has done to get this working and keep it working. Some people that do get paid $150k do less work for the money!

You rude people, and you know who you are, you suck!

Kudo's to our Sasha!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Sasha,

I can only say that I am sorry that you are loosing weight. Now there will be less of you to love!!!

Tom

d'mo

Enlightened
Sasha,

I know how you feel. I've taken over 10,000 service calls in the past 9 years and have received about 6 "thank yous" in the entire time. IMO, every person should have to take a public service job for a year after high school to learn how rude and unappreciative the average person can be.

I try to remember this when I deal with people and ALWAYS say a word of thanks, even if it's just a brief conversation. If I receive especially good service, I make sure I inform that person's superior. It only takes a few minutes, but it's well worth it.

BTW, Sasha, I've thanked CPF before, but this time, let make it personal. I know my life would be much less rich without CPF. I can't speak for everyone else, but I appreciate the effort you, DavidW, Darell, and all the rest of the administrators and moderators put forth.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
d'mo
your life (materlialistically) will be much richer with/o cpf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. However, the inside will be very poor and blank.
I also want to thank CPF and all the members for making my life very meaningful at the very least. Moreover, I especially want to thank Sasha for her work. Without her, maybe the CPF now would not exist and all the problems will keep springing out like wild grass.
thank you Sasha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
shiftd said:
d'mo
your life (materlialistically) will be much richer with/o cpf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROTFL ! How true!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was going to say "screw you" too, but WaltH beat me to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
You've definitely become a head honcho here at CPF, so you deserve a lot more "thank yous" than you get.

So here's a "Thank you Sasha, for everything you do!" to throw on the meager pile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Get enough of those, and that meager little pile will grow quite large. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
fcd0574c.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
You guys are all so sweet and I thank YOU...
kiss.gif
... In all honesty, I was not soliciting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ... truly, I was only bitching about those who do not reply to me when I take the time to reply to the email or requests that they send to me. (Al Havemann, you are hereby officially exempt from all further disparing remarks that I may make... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) ... It just seems very rude to me that when you ask someone to help you or do something for you and they do, that you don't even take one moment to even acknowledge that help... I'm going to start getting email addresses of mothers before I give out assistance. That way if they don't thank me, I'll email their mother and tell on them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif