Best Website to Purchase Surefire?

Harry1922

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody - just wondering what's the preferred website to purchase Surefire lights?

Made the mistake of buying an L1 locally and am pretty sure I can get a better deal and free batteries online...

Thanks!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I normally check out CPFM first. I purchased a couple of LNIB SF for a very good price. If it's something that recently came out and I cannot wait, I'll go to batteryjunction.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember your thread ... you got your L1 from Paragon Sports ... my favorite sport store in NYC too.

I didn't want to comment on it from your thread, I figure you'll realize sooner or later. :whistle:

However, SF lights are usually sold at retail everywhere, including online stores (excluding older models). You probably paid $135 plus tax at paragon.

jchoo

Enlightened
I got my L1 for free when I bought a watch on closeout from LA Police Gear. I also bought my E2DL single stage from Batteryjunction, with a bunch of free batteries for $136 - full retail. Very few vendors will risk the franchise by selling under MSRP, so they throw in freebies like batteries and other lights. Very rarely you will get lucky like I did and find an older model on closeout/clearance and it's actually one that you want (like the pre-CREE L1 I got).

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my L1 for free when I bought a watch on closeout from LA Police Gear. I also bought my E2DL single stage from Batteryjunction, with a bunch of free batteries for $136 - full retail. Very few vendors will risk the franchise by selling under MSRP, so they throw in freebies like batteries and other lights. Very rarely you will get lucky like I did and find an older model on closeout/clearance and it's actually one that you want (like the pre-CREE L1 I got).

Surefire is like the Rolex of flashlights. Rolex only allow authorized retailers to offer up to a certain percentage for discount. In the case with Surefire, the discount is 0% for current models.

jchoo

Enlightened
Surefire is like the Rolex of flashlights. Rolex only allow authorized retailers to offer up to a certain percentage for discount. In the case with Surefire, the discount is 0% for current models.

Right - hence why I said that very few dealers would risk losing their franchise rights by violating Surefire's pricing policies. I'm sure there are some out there that would do so "under the table", but none of the reputable dealers that we here on CPF frequent would do so. Hence, to sweeten the deal, they throw in freebies like shipping and batteries.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right - hence why I said that very few dealers would risk losing their franchise rights by violating Surefire's pricing policies. I'm sure there are some out there that would do so "under the table", but none of the reputable dealers that we here on CPF frequent would do so. Hence, to sweeten the deal, they throw in freebies like shipping and batteries.

I should have quoted you before ... my Rolex analogy was based on what you said in the earlier post ;)

Edit: never mind, I did quote you. Glad you agree :devil:

Harry1922

Newly Enlightened
I remember your thread ... you got your L1 from Paragon Sports ... my favorite sport store in NYC too.

I didn't want to comment on it from your thread, I figure you'll realize sooner or later. :whistle:

However, SF lights are usually sold at retail everywhere, including online stores (excluding older models). You probably paid $135 plus tax at paragon.

Haha - you are dead on with the 135 plus tax. I was going to order the L1 online but I was just too antsy and paragon is just a short subway ride away... It is a great store - Ive had them match a lot of prices for online goods but NO such luck on the SFs or free batteries :mecry:

Everybody else - thanks for the information and the quick responses! It seems like battery junction is one of the more popular sites... Too bad there is no negotiations on the prices - I was at least able to get 7% of my submariner :rolleyes:

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paragon is the only one that's nearby in NYC (at least that's the only one I know of). I've been buying them online simply because they generally are shipped free, comes with free batteries, and without tax.

Depending on whether you really want to get the latest and greatest ... if you could wait, you could hang around CPFM and see if you could catch a deal. I've seen a couple of L1 for about $90 :whistle: and I remember seeing E2DL for around the same price.

Haha - you are dead on with the 135 plus tax. I was going to order the L1 online but I was just too antsy and paragon is just a short subway ride away... It is a great store - Ive had them match a lot of prices for online goods but NO such luck on the SFs or free batteries :mecry:

Do you know of any other stores in NYC that sell surefire? Would love to get my hands on some of the models paragon doesn't carry... especially that E2DL!

Everybody else - thanks for the information and the quick responses! It seems like battery junction is one of the more popular sites... Too bad there is no negotiations on the prices - I was at least able to get 7% of my submariner :rolleyes:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everybody - just wondering what's the preferred website to purchase Surefire lights?

Made the mistake of buying an L1 locally and am pretty sure I can get a better deal and free batteries online...

Thanks!
Battery Junction is my favorite online SF dealer. I highly recommend doing business with them. They ship all SureFire models with free batteries.