New Guy wants to know?????? wt.....

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
Hi all , and thanks for your time....

What is your best falshlight for what ever ..that you like no matter what the Price.....What do you like about it and its price..
From this I will buy two or three from this info ...

I chose to do it this way because of so many differant ways to think on what to buy.

Kind of the best bang for your buck.

I own the sure fire 35 dollar light.mag light led 3 watt, 22 dollars from home depot.The old mag light 2d cell and 3d cell.Brinkman 2d cell,
and some of the snap on 2aa cell's.

Really looking for about 3 Hr's or more with a good beam per charge

or batts that don't cost to much.
To much to ask in one thread I know............................

Paste some theard for me to look at ??

OK a good flash light Help? I am A D.. A..

:whistle:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I received the Diffusion Filter, the Polarion PH50 has become my best handheld light for whatever. Adaptable to applications which involve either throw, or flood, close up work is easily accomplished within the confines of its diffused spill. Was the biggest bang for my buck. Yes, buy two, or three :) . Else, a SureFire M6 + MN Bi Pin + 1185 + 3 x Pila 600S + FM24. Again, adaptable to applications which involve either throw, or flood, close up work is easily accomplished within the confines of its diffused spill.

carrot

Flashaholic
Best flashlight ever is the McLux PD-S. There's nothing I would ever trade it for except maybe another one of the same.This is a very special and high-end light and at the same time it is not cutting-edge or jaw-dropping or even 100% perfect.

What it is, is a light that offers beam quality, reliability and functionality above all else and to me that stands out as something special. It is not the most featureful, nor does it need to be. It is not the brightest, nor does it need to be. It is not the smallest, coolest, most efficient, perfectly engineered light on the market, and again it doesn't need to be. What it is, however, is the best offer of compromises (and yes, all flashlights are compromises of sorts) ever to be offered on CPF. This is a superb light that offers the bare minimum of features (two stages) to maintain the most simplicity and ease of use, and has been my faithful companion for over two years seeing me through whatever I should choose to tackle, be it a dark forest or underground tunnels.

I paid $300 for it but I consider it priceless. They are no longer made, rarely sold, and very difficult to come by.

But that's probably not what you want to hear. I offer you this, my guide to high-end flashlights, which hopefully you will find useful in your endeavors, and I offer you a single recommendation, what I believe to be currently the finest light under $100, the NiteCore EX10 Smart PD.

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
Hi and thank you adamlau !!!!

If I get no more info

you said it all.... I had no idea that such stuff is out there !

Thanks its a big help....................................:cool:

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
Thank you carrot ........

Just some of the info I am looking for too!!

Thank you for you time ,good stuff ,will be back on that too, after reading!

:wave:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Welcome Mat would be a good read, also check this thread for Maglite drop-ins and mods.

Best is hard to define, depends a lot on the person. I don't have a best light because I can't afford one.

A few quick questions might help narrow down the selection of lights.

What price?
What output?
What size?
What beam pattern?
Would you like multiple modes?(low, high, strobe, programmable etc.)

:welcome:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and :welcome: Here's where one can get a system overload learning about lights and all.

Enjoy your stay!

sawlight

Enlightened
I don't think anyone can call themself a flashaholic without owning a Surfire E2E. Simplicity at it's finest. Beautiful beam, lots to offer for an old design.
I like the OLD L1, just for the 90 hours of runtime, and it is a neat THROW monster! The newversion is nice, but they killed the run time.
I still LOVE my Novatac 120P for EDC. E2E type beam, with LOTS of options for runtime and power. It's a lot of flood though, if you want to light up something a ways away, it's not you're light!
The Task Force 2C Cree LED. For $30 you can't buy anything that throws like this! It's cheap, it's not that well built, but bang for buck, it's almost imposible to beat!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best and favorite flashlight is McGizmo McLux III PD! I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's about a classic, an Arc LS, possibly modded with a reflector and an updated LED? What about a SPY005? I've got these two and more recently a Ti Wee on me at all times. I have one or two other lights in my collection but, these seem to meet most of my needs.....wants are something else and that's when things get "dangerous"...Barn Burner, Polarions....and that's when you wonder about next years heating bills.....:ohgeez:

Karl

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, you can get a $20 battery adapter, and spend about another $20 on a Kaidomain reflector and antireflective glass, and build yourself either a ROP (the Mag 2D, you'll need a Pelican 3854 bulb pack) or a Mag85 (the Mag 3D, and you'll need a bi-pin adapter; Kai has them for $5 or better ones can be had here, and a Welch-Allyn 1185 bulb) - I'm assuming you have a NiMH charger and batteries, but if that's not the case, I recommend Sanyo Eneloop. They're powerful, frequently on clearance, and convenient - they don't self-discharge (much) while sitting on the shelf.

Welcome to CPF! :welcome:

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rookie 101: Take a look at the Muyshondt Aeon. Having played with it for only a few hours, it has already vaulted its way into my top five favorite lights. Something not even a LunaSol 27 could accomplish :thumbsup: .

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
:wave:
Rookie 101: Take a look at the Muyshondt Aeon. Having played with it for only a few hours, it has already vaulted its way into my top five favorite lights. Something not even a LunaSol 27 could accomplish :thumbsup: .

I am checking this out thanks..........................:thumbsup:

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
Actually, you can get a $20 battery adapter, and spend about another $20 on a Kaidomain reflector and antireflective glass, and build yourself either a ROP (the Mag 2D, you'll need a Pelican 3854 bulb pack) or a Mag85 (the Mag 3D, and you'll need a bi-pin adapter; Kai has them for $5 or better ones can be had here, and a Welch-Allyn 1185 bulb) - I'm assuming you have a NiMH charger and batteries, but if that's not the case, I recommend Sanyo Eneloop. They're powerful, frequently on clearance, and convenient - they don't self-discharge (much) while sitting on the shelf.

Welcome to CPF! :welcome:

I will do the home work on this next week when I am off ....good input:cool:

Rookie 101

Newly Enlightened
:huh::huh:
Best flashlight ever is the McLux PD-S. There's nothing I would ever trade it for except maybe another one of the same.This is a very special and high-end light and at the same time it is not cutting-edge or jaw-dropping or even 100% perfect.

What it is, is a light that offers beam quality, reliability and functionality above all else and to me that stands out as something special. It is not the most featureful, nor does it need to be. It is not the brightest, nor does it need to be. It is not the smallest, coolest, most efficient, perfectly engineered light on the market, and again it doesn't need to be. What it is, however, is the best offer of compromises (and yes, all flashlights are compromises of sorts) ever to be offered on CPF. This is a superb light that offers the bare minimum of features (two stages) to maintain the most simplicity and ease of use, and has been my faithful companion for over two years seeing me through whatever I should choose to tackle, be it a dark forest or underground tunnels.

I paid $300 for it but I consider it priceless. They are no longer made, rarely sold, and very difficult to come by.

But that's probably not what you want to hear. I offer you this, my guide to high-end flashlights, which hopefully you will find useful in your endeavors, and I offer you a single recommendation, what I believe to be currently the finest light under $100, the NiteCore EX10 Smart PD.

I cant belive the info that I got joining this forum...........

Priceless.....................................:)

priceless :D