Talking about a happy camper...

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
MOD252Finishedlightpic1small.jpg

Some time ago my good old friend Thomas aka Long John came along with his great camper (modified Mercedes Truck).

Besides talking about and playing with the lights, walking with the dogs, riding my motorbikes and drinking too much coffee… :sick2: … I made a new ceiling light for his camper.

Quad-Seoul camper light
· Custum made aluminum ceiling light
· Stock Maglite lens
· Seoul P4 USVNH emitters
· Ultra bright green glow stuff (thanks to Dirk aka blitzlicht65)
· bFlex driver (5 or 8 levels depending on the chosen UI)
· Runs on the camper's battery (12V)

The leds are wired in two parallel strings of two leds in series.
More pictures can be seen here and here.

While you are reading this Thomas is 'somewhere' in Norway on his way to the North Cape. :cool:

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Very cool Freddy. Nicely done as always. I want a camper to now so I can have one too! Hmm, maybe for my desk? :naughty:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many thanks TB. I was able to find that after some searching. I wonder what the LED's tint looks like in the real world tho.

Like the SVO tint on paper looks more pink but it's really quite yellow.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool light :thumbsup:

So that was the light you mentioned.
No wonder Thomas was happy :)

Cheers,
Benny

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first, thanks again to my friend Freddy for this great light :bow:...:bow:...:bow:

To his excellent work including the perfect machining is not much more to say:

EXCELLENT ART :twothumbs

:poke: not to forget to mention, that George's drivers are also on of the best ever.:clap:

Now the answer about the tint of the Seouls, for my taste very yellowish without any drifts in the directions of green, pink, blue or anything else.

But I have to mention, that I haven't seen the tints of the ....SUM.. and ....SUN.. in natural. At the data sheets it looks that they are more yellowish, but detectable probably only in direct comparison.

Indeed, I'm a happy camper:nana:

Very best regards

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, looking at the pictures again I think I should have used a map of Norway instead of Nepal... :ohgeez: :grin2:

HaChayalBoded

Newly Enlightened
Thats looks very very nice. I did basically the same thing a while back. I noticed this thing in the Touratech and Aerostich catelogs and found it amusing that they were charging $100 for some cheap LEDs on a 10ft cable with a cigarette plug on the end, so I made my own out of one designed for PC mods.

Not machined out of aluminum or done as nicely as yours but it works.

Oh yea, mine gets plugged into my motorbike too, not a camper (if your in a camper, why are you in a tent?)

BTW I love the Royal Enfield and the new Trans Alp, here in the states the Alp was only around in '89 and '90 along with the Africa Twin

Within the next 5 years I'm flying my butt to India, buying a brand new Royal Enfield and will be riding down to S. Africa

Eddie
PS I'm assuming your also on ADV?

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats looks very very nice. I did basically the same thing a while back. I noticed this thing in the Touratech and Aerostich catelogs and found it amusing that they were charging $100 for some cheap LEDs on a 10ft cable with a cigarette plug on the end, so I made my own out of one designed for PC mods.

Not machined out of aluminum or done as nicely as yours but it works.

Oh yea, mine gets plugged into my motorbike too, not a camper (if your in a camper, why are you in a tent?)

BTW I love the Royal Enfield and the new Trans Alp, here in the states the Alp was only around in '89 and '90 along with the Africa Twin

Within the next 5 years I'm flying my butt to India, buying a brand new Royal Enfield and will be riding down to S. Africa

Eddie
PS I'm assuming your also on ADV?

Well, I didn't see your post until now.... :( So, if you ever see this better pm me. I'm curious to know more about your trip to India and riding a Royal Enfield to South Africa. It must have been a real adventure! Yes I'm also on ADV and also on Horizonsunlimited. Would move to hear from you. :)