TLE-5EX mini mag - My review

michiganstud

Enlightened
I know I don't post a lot on here, but I thought I would give my review of the "upgrade" to the mini maglite bulb - the LED TLE-5EX from TerraLUX.

Installation was a breeze, although I did put the bulb in backwards the first time.

Upon screwing the head of the light on I noticed that it doesn't go very far down until you've hit the top of the new bulb assembly. The head really doesn't seem to be tightened on very well and IMHO I think just a few twists and the head of the light will come right off.

As far as brightness, it is far superior than the standard maglite bulb. I would definately say it is 10x brighter than the standard. So in that respect the bulb is worth the upgrade - if you are only going to use your maglite as your primary light.

If you have other lights like a stinger or a Surefire 6P don't waste your time or money. You'll be disappointed.

This bulb is great for spot tightness and spill at around 10 to 15 feet. About the size to light up a room quite well. I would use it for clearing a house at night if I found an open door.

Take it oustide and you may as well be using the old maglite bulb. You can't see anything past about 20 feet, if that. I couldn't get the spot to light up the house next door and that is about 30 feet!!!

Is it a great bulb? Yeah, if you are using it on an indoor or close up application. I'll stick with my Stinger or 6P

Is it worth the money? No, I wish I had my 27.00 back. :thumbsdow

I would put the $$ towards a surefire 6p style LED light!!!!:twothumbs