Northern tools cree 3 watt 180 lumen recharchable flashlight?

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
Anyone familiar with this light?
I was thinking of getting one since they are located near me and they use a rechargable 1440? or 14500 battery.
Any good? can it run on other batteries?
Looks a lot like a surefire to me.
I dont know if posting a link is allowed.

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice catch Joe.
Item# 160798 to make it easier to find.

Nice looking light and not a bad price considering you get the battery and the charger. I wonder if the stores have them.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is more interesting.

C batteries and it looks like it would take two (nope, just one, just saw it). If it does, it should give decent runtimes :)
Item# 160790

Also, poor reviews but it was strange because the reviews were identical on both the little and big flashlights. See item above

Last edited:

pipspeak

Enlightened
Why would you need a strike bezel on a jobsite??!

The first one looks interesting... but is it 180 lumens or 140 lumens? Says both.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I"m guessing 140 but who knows. As for the strike bezel, I've had some pretty shitty supervisors...does that answer your question?

:)

Hell, beats the US Post alternative, hehehe

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is more interesting.

C batteries and it looks like it would take two (nope, just one, just saw it). If it does, it should give decent runtimes :)
Item# 160790

Also, poor reviews but it was strange because the reviews were identical on both the little and big flashlights. See item above

I would not bother with the C light. I bought two of them last year because they were on sale, but I had to return one of them twice because it would flicker on and off. One of mine has a nice white beam and the other is not quite as bright with a more warm tint. They have a nice solid feel but have QC issues. They still work but I would not trust them at all. One more thing...the strike bezel on the switch end is so high you can not turn the light on with your thumb while holding the light the way you would hold most tactical lights.

Mike

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
I am going to call the store and make sure they have them on hand before going there.
I hate getting to a store to find something is an "order only" item.
It looks pretty good but what can you tell from a pic?
I thought someone may have one of this model and could tell me if it is as good as it looks.
Getting the battery and charger makes it look a lot more tempting to me.

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
Crap, they no longer carry them in store.
cest la vie.
Saved a trip at least.
Thanks for the opinions guys. :thanks:

MorePower

Enlightened
Item #160798 is an Ultrafire WF-502B with a Cree dropin and battery / charger combo. You can get the light for ~$18.50, the same charger for $7, and a 2 pack of protected 18650 cells for $9 from one of the popular China-based online sellers of such goods. (sku.3371, sku.5837, and sku.6979, if you're interested)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got people swiping CU from work (it IS CU isn't it?)?

Who, the workers or outsiders?

Last edited: