Surefire - CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

looman

Enlightened
Does anyone know the name and contact details (pref e-mail) for the CEO of surefire.

I have a very simple problem but because I live in the UK, I am being ignored.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Looman

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
You gotta call them, they never answer any email no matter where you live.

Being an Intl customer, when you call, they tell you to e-mail instead... It happened 3 times to me... But yes, sometime calling helps. looman, check your PMs.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I don't think they ignore you, the first time I called the gentleman said that he hasn't had time to go through the last 2 weeks of emails. Correspondence by email is slower than calling them, Ive sorted out problems with a 2 minute phone call.

BBL

Enlightened
Does anyone know the name and contact details (pref e-mail) for the CEO of surefire.

I have a very simple problem but because I live in the UK, I am being ignored.
And you expect the CEO to do customer support? riight...

Aussie Cheese

Newly Enlightened
I don't think they ignore you, the first time I called the gentleman said that he hasn't had time to go through the last 2 weeks of emails. Correspondence by email is slower than calling them, Ive sorted out problems with a 2 minute phone call.

2 weeks?!?!

argh!, some of us need to sleep instead of calling at 0400 :whistle:

Daark

Banned
I have also contacted the SureFire support several times via e-mail, but NO answer. I can't contact them with a phone-call, because i live in another country. To expensive to use the phone to call them. :shakehead

What about all the other customers, who don't have a chanse to give them a phone-call. Do we don't get any SF-service? becasuse they refuse to answer any e-mails?

I relly hope that i don't have made "DM-51" angry with all my questions.(SORRY!!) I hope that i don't get banned because of my questions.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
I relly hope that i don't have made "DM-51" angry with all my questions.(SORRY!!) I hope that i don't get banned because of my questions.
As long as your questions do not violate the rules, are polite and are posted in the correct place, you have nothing at all to worry about.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've experienced quite the opposite - when I emailed Surefire customer service about a week ago, a Stuart Yager replied twice within a 24 hour period. I was impressed...

Illum

Flashaholic

looman

Enlightened
And you expect the CEO to do customer support? riight...

No.

I expect the CEO to be aware that customer support seems to be lacking and as the lighting industry is becoming more competitive and the range of product has become wider in terms of both performance and quality, then Surefire have an opportunity to outshine up and coming competitors by giving top class support irrespective of product, fault or location.

I expect the CEO to be interested in feedback like this and to (excuse the americanism) "Kick ***" to make sure the support is in place.

What do you expect the CEO to do???????

looman

Enlightened
Ahahaha! So true.

That's like trying to contact Bill Gates because you are having problems with Windows.

With respect, surefire is nowhere near the size of MS and they do have a huge CS team at various levels - irrespective of what you think of their operating system, business practices or there tendency to launch product full of bugs and glitches (allegedly)

I dont think a comparison between SF and MS is realistic at all.

looman

Enlightened

Hmmm - very interesting post.

Looking at this, there are 62 competitors of varying degree that Surefire need to be thinking about. Some will be out of contention, some will be also rans but if the CEO of Surefire thinks he can ignore all of the players out there then he should perhaps review his position within the company.

Now, as far as my case is concerned, the Surefire hasnt broken, it has been reliable and is of excellent quality which is why I paid out stupid money for a U2.

However, I lent it to a friend who dropped it and returned it with a damaged bezel and a pricked tail cap. The unit handled the impact well, and if it was mission critical, carried on working and hasnt missed a beat.

All I asked was how do I go about getting a replacement bezel.

In fairness, I did get a reply - not quickly but I did get one. However, they had clearly not read my e-mail proper like as they said they didnt understand what I wanted and they could not re-anodise the bezel - which I never requesated in the first place.

I responded telling them this and to date I have heard zip and after reveiwing some of the posts on the CPF, I realised that if you lived outside the states, then the customer service levels dropped even though they sell internationally.

This needs to be addressed.

Pure and simple.

Remember there are 62 companies out their chasing their client base and pushing boundaries just as hard.

I have seen too many companies at the "top" of their tree sit there thinking they were unassailable and then had to spend shed loads defending their market sector and developing new product to catch up as they had been caught and overhauled by the underling.

I wait with interest :)

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
With respect, surefire is nowhere near the size of MS and they do have a huge CS team at various levels - irrespective of what you think of their operating system, business practices or there tendency to launch product full of bugs and glitches (allegedly)

I dont think a comparison between SF and MS is realistic at all.
SureFire is by far, the largest supplier of flashlight, weapon lights, weapon supressors and other tactical gear for the Military and LEO markets in the world. Therefore, I can safely say that SureFire IS the equivalent of Microsoft in terms of size/budget. May I remind you that the demand for such products within the United States Military really is something to consider. That's not even counting the LEO markets and the Anti-Terrorist units all over the world. Having said that, I think SF has a tad bit more revelant customers to help out than a couple of spoiled CPFers bitching about bad tints and donut holes.

looman

Enlightened
Well - so far - it's a 10 out of 10 to Jose Almaraz of Surefire - he responded within 12 minutes of my e-mail being sent. Thanks Jose.

My spirits have been lifted a little though no solution or cost has been applied yet....

This is more like it.

Looman

Status
Not open for further replies.