Surefire - CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Well...............I got a response back from Surefire that I consider to be rude so I will no longer spend my money with them.

looman what was the exact response you received from Surefire?

Last edited by a moderator:

greenLED

Flashaholic
1. SF lights are generally tough but aluminum flashlights are not indestructible
2. bezel gets scratched after a fall
3. SF does not sell individual components
4. user thinks they should

Like I said before, I feel your pain. I went through a long period of frustration with SF and the U2. I finally realized I had created false expectations of what that (or any other light) should be, based on the (hype?) comments of fellow CPF'ers. My bottomline: "they're just lights"... tools, if you may. Once I reset my expecto-meter to a more reasonable setting I was OK. I learned to be a lot more critical of what I read on CPF and what I expect from the tools that I buy. It certainly was a frustrating experience for me, but I learned a lot about the hobby and my own expectations regarding it.

Best luck sorting this out to your satisfaction.

looman

Enlightened
1. SF lights are generally tough but aluminum flashlights are not indestructible
2. bezel gets scratched after a fall
3. SF does not sell individual components
4. user thinks they should

Like I said before, I feel your pain. I went through a long period of frustration with SF and the U2. I finally realized I had created false expectations of what that (or any other light) should be, based on the (hype?) comments of fellow CPF'ers. My bottomline: "they're just lights"... tools, if you may. Once I reset my expecto-meter to a more reasonable setting I was OK. I learned to be a lot more critical of what I read on CPF and what I expect from the tools that I buy. It certainly was a frustrating experience for me, but I learned a lot about the hobby and my own expectations regarding it.

Best luck sorting this out to your satisfaction.

Thank you for the wishes but I have no such expectations. Light up for sale.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Looman are you going to tells us what exactly Surefire told you that you consider rude in your conversation with them?

rtt

Enlightened
Looman are you going to tells us what exactly Surefire told you that you consider rude in your conversation with them?

I think the OP stated already what he preceived as rude. The OP already took action that cannot be revoked, so disecting every word does not seem to serve any purpose IMHO.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I hate loaning out gear. Especially stuff that can get easily dropped like a nice flashlight. OCD rages within me. However sometimes I give into the horror. First there is anger followed by constant looking at the damage followed by slow acceptance. The last stage is to just give in. This is when I finally get to use the gear as intended. Over time the dings and scrapes only adds to the character of the light.

DM51

Flashaholic
This was a very minor matter which was inflated absurdly out of proportion. Surefire replace units if they are faulty, but that was not the case here. Such spare parts and accessories as are available can be obtained through the SF dealer network, and they can be found via one of the regular dealers here. If it isn't on their parts/accessories lists, it isn't available. As Size15s has said, the U2 head is sealed with adhesive for extra strength, and is not designed to be disassembled.

It is understandable that the SF representative did not initially grasp what the OP was getting at. He probably had difficulty believing that anyone could be making such a ridiculous fuss over such a superficial issue. One can imagine a similar reaction if someone telephoned the General Dynamics Corporation to complain about a little scratch on the paintwork of an M1 Abrams battle tank.

Did the OP seriously think the CEO in person was going to bother with someone whining about a totally inconsequential cosmetic matter like this? The idea is ludicrous. It would be worrying if he DID bother with it, wasting his time instead of getting on with his job.

The OP posted no fewer than 35 times in this thread, stretching the patience of CPF members and staff alike with his interminable, droning, self-important, pompous whining. He is now taking a lengthy absence from CPF - not particularly for what he did in this thread, but for other (related) offences.

What he did here though is instructive. I quote from this post by Kiessling about trolls:

Announcement regarding the species TROLL

From now on, all members displaying a posting history that is governed by an agenda to a point ...
  • where it is annoying for the general membership,
  • where it abuses and disrupts CPF,
  • where it leads to thread closures and loss of information
  • where it constantly spills negtativity or
  • where all posts are so narrow minded and concentrated on one subject that this member has lost all credibility and is thus devaluating the content of CPF
... will be treated as trolls with all consequences, most notably the removal of their posting privileges.
It is not hard to see that at least 3 out of 5 of those criteria, and particularly the last two, fit the OP's posting pattern in this thread very accurately indeed.

This was a troll thread. It is just one example (admittedly an extremely tiresome one) of how trolls work; there are others. They will not survive here on CPF.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.