when was the Fenix E01 released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

Enlightened
hi all,

Sorry for the noob question.

when was the Fenix E01 released?

which is a better EDC light, the Fenix E01 or L0D Q4?

:candle:

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
the fenix e01 was released fairly recently, like 4 months ago maybe? Not positive, but definitely in the last couple months. I guess I would say the lod is a better edc, but they are pretty different lights. The e01 has a great price and a really long runtime so it is great as an emergency light and for the majority of every day tasks, however, every now and then you need something with a bit more kick to it that the e01 just can't muster. I started off with the e0 and then got the e1 and then got the lod, and i feel like many ppl have done the same, so even though it is expensive, it might be worth it to just start with the lod, however, they are both great lights, enjoy whichever you get.

Mostly

Newly Enlightened
You have a lot of posts to be asking a "noob" question! :)

E01 was announced for preorder March 25th (Fenix E01 - A light for all seasons... - CPFMarketPlace), but the colored ones took longer than expected... I think I got mine (blue) in early June, but I ordered later.

I happen to be wearing my E01 on a neck lanyard at the moment. I carry it a lot, though I rarely carried (EDC) any flashlight before. My wife EDCs hers on a keychain, and some of the purple anodize has come off on the knurling. I've kept mine away from keys and it remains pristine.

I've occasionally wished I'd just gotten an LOD Q4. I think I'd be happier with the whiter tint. I found it hard to part with that much $$ for a AAA light, though, and I'd prefer for it to come on in low, not medium--the E01 is close to the same lumens as LOD in low, and the vast majority of the time, that low level with long runtime is all that I need.

I also had trouble deciding between a Liteflux or a LOD. Fenix-store was a more familiar place, though the Liteflux has some features I'd prefer (programmable, lower low). In the end, I got E01 because I like doing business with Fenix-store and because it is relatively inexpensive and when I do upgrade someday to LOD or a Liteflux AAA, the E01 will be an excellent place to carry a spare battery.

Others will have to speak to comparative EDC, but the specs for LOD show it a couple of millimeters longer, and some of the Liteflux AAAs are longer still, and a little heavier, though I doubt weight differences in these little AAAs would even be noticeable.

Oh... one other thing that helped me decide on E01 was that, if I understand correctly, the LOD has circuit protection that keeps you from draining the battery very far. E01, otoh, drops into "moon mode" that will let you eek a lot more out of an alkaline or other non-rechargeable if you want to drain it down to nearly nothing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

Miracle

Enlightened
thanks for the replies

after reading your posts, I am considering a Fenix E0D

:grin2:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can afford it get the LOD as the brightness is impressive and you get multimodes.

Miracle

Enlightened
I understand there is a L0D q4

but was there ever a L0D q5?

I see some web sites showing L0D q5, <--- does it exists?

:confused:

Marduke

Flashaholic
LOD Q4 is it. It's a common typo since most people have Q5 on the brain. There is really no perceivable difference between the two though.

Now, there are a few CPF members who have done a custom upgrade to Q5, but most of the references are still typos.

Miracle

Enlightened
LOD Q4 is it. It's a common typo since most people have Q5 on the brain. There is really no perceivable difference between the two though.

Now, there are a few CPF members who have done a custom upgrade to Q5, but most of the references are still typos.

thankew for the info

:twothumbs

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you will be happier with LOD in the long run. I have both lights and seldom use the E01. My LOD is on my keychain and is my only consistent EDC. While the E01 is OK for the price and offers the advantage of longer battery life on a single AAA, I really prefer the whiter beam on the LOD and its adjustable settings. It's pretty amazing for its size that it does so much. My only little gripe about the LOD is the anodized finish is quite worn from being on the keychain. This isn't so much a fault of the light as my using it so much. I think once you have one, you will be using it a lot, too.

DM51

Flashaholic
This has strayed off topic. The answer to the OP's question was given in post #3, and full information on the Fenix EO1 can be found here. I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.