Fenix TK10

midas

Newly Enlightened
I am totally new to this world of flashlights and I am still trying to figure out all the Nomen Clature (Sp). I wish I could spell better too.

I just purchased a TK10 and really like it. However I was wondering what are the lights people compare to that model?
Also what are the brands that are comparable to Fenix.

Thanks in advance

Jan

yalskey

Enlightened
Welcome to the addiction!

The Fenix TK10 is one of, if not my favorite lights. You would be hard pressed to find a better light for the price.

Other similar lights you may want to checkout are...
1) Dereelight C1LH
2) Regalight WT1
3) Olight T20
4) Surefire 6P or C2 (preferably with a Malkoff M60 drop-in)

I'm sure there are many others I didn't list, but all of these are considered excellent lights (and similar overall to the TK10) around here on CPF.

As far as companies similar to Fenix... i.e. moderately priced, high quality product, cutting edge technology, lots of new / updated lights per year... I'm not sure any other company stands up to that standard. Maybe someone else can think of some. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of really great companies, just none that spring to mind with those parameters I listed.

Hope this helps a little.

midas

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great info.

One thing I did notice when I compared my Sure Fire 6p Led is that the Sure fire throws a much whiter light than the TK10.
No big deal but I just hought it might be more the same.

Thanks

Jan

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
it really depends on what you mean by "white"

to some people slightly Blue-ish light is "whiter" while to some people, warmer colored lights look "brighter"

all depends on your preference. :)

personally, i like the tint on the Tk10 and find the 6P led abit blue. YMMV

Crenshaw

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I bought my TK10 3 days ago (which hasn't arrived yet...), I was offered to change it to an Olight M20 Warrior, which was just about to come out. I didn't take the offer, as I wanted the TK10.

I like quality flashlights and as I own an L4 and a U2 I know what quality means! My L2D is, compared to the Surefires, good quality, but if Surefire is 10/10, Fenix is 7/10, which is more than acceptable for the price difference.

Now my question : How is the quality of Olight compared to Fenix? I mean the mechanical quality, the material and the finish. This could be important for me to take a decision whethr I need a Warrior or not! :thinking:

Henk

phosphor

Enlightened
When I bought my TK10 3 days ago (which hasn't arrived yet...), I was offered to change it to an Olight M20 Warrior, which was just about to come out. I didn't take the offer, as I wanted the TK10.

I like quality flashlights and as I own an L4 and a U2 I know what quality means! My L2D is, compared to the Surefires, good quality, but if Surefire is 10/10, Fenix is 7/10, which is more than acceptable for the price difference.

Now my question : How is the quality of Olight compared to Fenix? I mean the mechanical quality, the material and the finish. This could be important for me to take a decision whether I need a Warrior or not! :thinking:

Henk
...if you rate Fenix 7/10, which I agree is a reasonable assessment of it's quality relative to Surefire, then I would rate my Olight T20 Q5 a 8/10.

I just bought a Fenix T1, forerunner to the T10, and I am more than pleased with the form, function, and beam. I doubt I would rather trade my Fenix T1 or Olight T20 Q5, one for the other. I allowed the CPF rule of thumb to inform me, and bought them both.....which is precisely what you should do ! ;)

I do agree the beam color of the Olight is VERY cool white....and the Fenix has a warm, vanilla hue. Again, I like them both. The only beam color I really object to is one shifted to the green side.

- regards

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The tint of the LED can is dependent on the individual company and not so much on the company that puts those LEDs in their lights. Flashlight companies can use LEDs from different tint bins(or just one) so the tint is more consistent. But not all do that, maybe for cost reasons.

IMHO a warmer tint is better but that is up to you to decide.

Becareful if you use compare Fenix to other companies. If Surefires are compared to Fenix lights, the thread could get a but messy.

:welcome:

perungestal

Newly Enlightened
I got my TK-10 today, just 5 days of shipping from Canada to Sweden, including a weekend.

I'm very satisfied with the light, and I'm sure you will to:twothumbs