Terralux are you listening?

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light in question is my emergency/hurricane light. It needs to have long runtime.

shomie911

Enlightened
Do you need more than 20 hours of regulated output? Because they already have one that gives you that much. That number is probably using a 6D mag, but you should still get a lot of battery life.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-6k2.html

There's a hurricane/tropical depression headed my way and I think I'll be fine with the 8+ regulated hours I get from my Terralux 2D mag. And if it dies, I have a load of other lights to use. :laughing:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking at those but I want to try the k2 tffc. I hear it has a warm tint to it. Almost incandesent.

Al

Enlightened
The light in question is my emergency/hurricane light. It needs to have long runtime.

The LED upgrade by MAG works just fine ... LOTS of runtime and plenty bright enough even with the thermal throttle back.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uhhh, I'm pretty sure they do:thinking: I just think most dealers still have the SSC ones in stock or listed on their site.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
TerraLUX has gone 'emitter agnostic.' They had tried to go to the K2's across the line but availability has been too spotty thus they are using K2's or SSC's. At the moment everything seems to be SSC. We've had a few batches of TFFC K2 based 6EX's and 6EXB's.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
TerraLUX has gone 'emitter agnostic.' They had tried to go to the K2's across the line but availability has been too spotty thus they are using K2's or SSC's. At the moment everything seems to be SSC. We've had a few batches of TFFC K2 based 6EX's and 6EXB's.
Do you have any left with the k2 tffc led?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are the K2s anything like the warm ones INOVA is using in thier T-series?That is the main reason I am interested in the TFFC K2.

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
Put me in the MagLED category too. These modules will run for close to 24 hrs on fresh D's, and are bright enough to be useful. Oh, as an aside, I found out that a 2D Mag will fit in a roll of paper towels and light up a room nicely with a ceiling bounce.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4d is a magled. I want to try a k2 tffc. However I plan to keep both.The k2 tffc for everyday/outdoor use and the magled for emergencies/hurricane season.

Illum

Flashaholic
Last edited:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can bet your bottom dollar that I will test any drop in I buy at least twice for runtime&brightness. I tested my mag 4d twice and it is still working like a champ.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast