Good cheapo single AAA light?

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I wondered if there is anything at Dealextreme in a single AAA light that actually puts out lumens comparable to the LOD Q4 and isn't huge in size. I saw the Ultrafire WF602C and the Romisen RC-B3 Cree P4 LED Flashlight. Are either one as bright or brighter than the LOD Q4 on high? I ordered a Fenix LOD, but got to looking at the Dealextreme lights and they look like good "beater" lights if they put out enough light. I like glass lenses and aluminum reflectors, which I think both of these models have. Let me know what you guys think, especially if you own one of these. I haven't gotten into 18650s, so I am just looking for something that runs on Eneloops and lithiums ect.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The romisen is a bit big in my mind and the other one seems nice, but I'm betting it doesn't have very good runtime. If this isn't a concern for you, go for it. Yeah, I checked around and the tested runtime for the ultrafire is 32 minutes on an alkie. There is also the kd buckle light which is quite nice but that too has a very limited runtime.

Last edited:

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Your right, I read a review and they are getting less than a 1/2 hour out of that small one :( I guess you get what you pay for, maybe I'll just stick to my LOD Q4 coming.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I wouldnt be too upset with just an LOD coming, it is a great light enjoy it.

MS3

Newly Enlightened
Tiablo A1 in my pocket right now. I ordered the MA1 from DX, but was sent the A1 instead ( must have run out of MA1). I kept the A1 anyway, nice little light.

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
The A1 does look like about the only serious competition. From looking at old posts, its got a brighter hot spot, little less spill, good runtime though, 80 min to 50% if I recall from the posts. Looks brighter than a Rayovac 1W 45 lumen double AA, so wouldn't be too bad for the $$$. Anybody else have an A1, what do you think of them?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also recommend the Tiablo A-1.
Stay away from the KD buckle, because mine broke after I dropped it from 3 ft. on the floor.
This light I gave to a co-worker and it's been working well, and brighter than the Tiablo A-1. http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1037
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12164
Overall I found the Tiablo A-1 light to be worth the money.
The A1 does look like about the only serious competition. From looking at old posts, its got a brighter hot spot, little less spill, good runtime though, 80 min to 50% if I recall from the posts. Looks brighter than a Rayovac 1W 45 lumen double AA, so wouldn't be too bad for the $$$. Anybody else have an A1, what do you think of them?

Last edited:

superflytnt

Enlightened
Streamlight Microstream, not a doubt in my mind. I own the LOD Q4 and the MS and the MS is between the LOD's medium and high using the ceiling bounce method but it throws just as well as LOD on high. The beam, on mine, is also whiter and much better focussed overall..............nice tight hotspot and wide, smooth, bright spill. For the $15 price range it is king, IMO.

Oh, did I mention that mine gets well over 2 hours regulated on an alkie, very nearly 5 hours on a lithium, a forward tail click switch and a beautiful clip?

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Well thats good to know, I have a Microstream on the way :twothumbs I gotta say though, if its between the Med and High on the LOD, I'll be really impressed, as its only rated at 20 lumens, while the LOD is rated at 25 lumens on Medium, but maybe the Micro is understated. A nice tight hotspot is fine with me, and sounds like great runtime. Still gotta know though FlashKat, is that KD light you recommended as bright as that Buckle before it broke? If so, the price is sure right on it.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has a tighter focus with decent spill which in my opinion is brighter than the KD Buckle.

I tried both version 3 and version 4 of the KD Buckle http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1065 and they were both a waste of money, since the version 3 lasted 1 month and version 4 lasted 1 week.

This light http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1037 I only used it for 2 weeks before I gave it to my co-worker, but he is still using for the last 3 months without any problems. Only issue for you is that I think this has a plastic lens.
Is that KD as bright as the Buckle light (before yours broke of course :()

Last edited:

Al

Enlightened
Streamlight Microstream, not a doubt in my mind. I own the LOD Q4 and the MS and the MS is between the LOD's medium and high using the ceiling bounce method but it throws just as well as LOD on high. The beam, on mine, is also whiter and much better focussed overall..............nice tight hotspot and wide, smooth, bright spill. For the $15 price range it is king, IMO.

Oh, did I mention that mine gets well over 2 hours regulated on an alkie, very nearly 5 hours on a lithium, a forward tail click switch and a beautiful clip?

DITTO!

superflytnt

Enlightened
Well thats good to know, I have a Microstream on the way :twothumbs I gotta say though, if its between the Med and High on the LOD, I'll be really impressed, as its only rated at 20 lumens, while the LOD is rated at 25 lumens on Medium, but maybe the Micro is understated. A nice tight hotspot is fine with me, and sounds like great runtime. Still gotta know though FlashKat, is that KD light you recommended as bright as that Buckle before it broke? If so, the price is sure right on it.

IMO it's the LOD that is overrated. It's nice and bright but inless I got a weak one it is nore like 50-55L on high (yes, it's the Q4 with red holiday ano). The MS is probably around 25. Let us know how you like the MS when it arrives!

Marduke

Flashaholic
The SL MS has more throw and less spill, which is why it appears to hold it's own against a brighter, but floodier light.

lengendcpf

Enlightened
Hi all, I wondered if there is anything at Dealextreme in a single AAA light that actually puts out lumens comparable to the LOD Q4 and isn't huge in size. I saw the Ultrafire WF602C and the Romisen RC-B3 Cree P4 LED Flashlight. Are either one as bright or brighter than the LOD Q4 on high? I ordered a Fenix LOD, but got to looking at the Dealextreme lights and they look like good "beater" lights if they put out enough light. I like glass lenses and aluminum reflectors, which I think both of these models have. Let me know what you guys think, especially if you own one of these. I haven't gotten into 18650s, so I am just looking for something that runs on Eneloops and lithiums ect.

The L0D-Q4 is worth every penny that is..
Simple to use , bright and long runtime.

Nothing will beat it unless a new L0D with R2 bin led or better..

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Got my Microstream, man this thing is bright! Its hotspot is brighter than the LOD, so it seems about as bright as my LOD Q4 on high at 50 or 60 feet, just less spill, but still enough spill for my taste. I paid exactly $11.95 for my Microstream, and for the money, I don't think you can beat it. This is the brightest 25 lumens I have ever seen :twothumbs

superflytnt

Enlightened
Got my Microstream, man this thing is bright! Its hotspot is brighter than the LOD, so it seems about as bright as my LOD Q4 on high at 50 or 60 feet, just less spill, but still enough spill for my taste. I paid exactly $11.95 for my Microstream, and for the money, I don't think you can beat it. This is the brightest 25 lumens I have ever seen :twothumbs

I keep trying to tell folks this and keep getting beat down for it :grin2:

Glad that you like it tho, it's a sweet little light for the $$.................

EDIT: just curious where you got it for that price. I'm looking for a couple more for gifts

Last edited:

sino

Newly Enlightened

Where are people getting these lights for $11.95 and $15 (earlier poster)? I thought they were more expensive.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
What LED does the Streamlight Microstream use?

Edit.

Anyone own the 2xAAA Streamlight Stylus Pro

Last edited: