Happy Labour Day (or "Labor Day" if you prefer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Just wanted to wish all CPFers a...
HAPPY LABOUR DAY!!!
I'll be labouring today (I have already performed nine spectrographic analyses!), but many of you will be on picnics and doing other "holiday" activities.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I slept through most of my Labor Day.

Only fair since I hardly get any sleep on most days. :)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sept 1st, ugh. Here in the northeast, a drastic change will occur over the course of the month with the northern regions most likely having a frost before the month is over.

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
:candle:Went to a Hurricane party this morning. And it is still going strong. Plenty of planters punch
is being consumed by all. also some great boiled
crabs an gumbo. So now we are setting on the veranda waiting for the storm:candle::candle::candle: send more Rum.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I never thought much about Labor Day. What was it designed to celebrate, working??? Now that I think about that idea, it seems pretty lame. Why not have a holiday celebrating the sun, family, water, food, or how about celebrating not working since that is what happens on a holiday. We could call it "Sloth Day."

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love having a "Lazy Day". I smoked 2 pork butts, and two racks of ribs for my in-laws. It was a great day! Now I get to enjoy three more off.:)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I never thought much about Labor Day. What was it designed to celebrate, working??? Now that I think about that idea, it seems pretty lame. Why not have a holiday celebrating the sun, family, water, food, or how about celebrating not working since that is what happens on a holiday. We could call it "Sloth Day."

Labor Day is supposed to be an acknowledgement of the hard work done by the average man. In order to put food on the table, clothes on his childrens' backs, and a roof over their heads. And his ability to go out there, day after day, doing the same soul-crushing work.

Status
Not open for further replies.