Fenix L2D Runtime Charts Confusing

Confederate

Enlightened
During a recent discussion on the Fenix L2D and alkaline batteries, I found two charts on CPFReviews. Putting them together, this is what is reported:

L2DComp.jpg

As can be seen, the runtimes for alkalines and NiMH AAs are suspiciously close, and not at all consistent with other runtime reporting. The runtime return on lithium batteries also looks a bit suspect.

Based on the improved performance in the Q5 premiums, I'm not at all sure that alkalines would be either more effective or less effective than in the plain CE version. The plain CE L2D that I have doesn't put out much light at all on the lowest setting, plus it's a bit blue. Using the Q5 Premium, I have no doubt the performance would be far greater with both NiMH and lithium, albit alkalines should be expected to do better in the lower settings.

Comments?

I'm interested in getting all the comments I can on the L2D.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Found your error....

Those charts lists output, not runtime :ohgeez:

Between the CE and Q5 models, the runtime should be nearly identical on all modes for all battery types.

Confederate

Enlightened
Ah, thanks. That makes sense.

So I'd get the same runtime, but a bit brighter on all modes, respectively?

I like the L2D better than just about any other light I own. When I first began carrying it on dark nights, I swore it was a Q5. Later I found out it was the plain.

Fenix is doing a great job. Thanks for the info, again.