M20 Warrior question

Noobiwan

Newly Enlightened
Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System
I just received the SMO reflector from Battery Junction and I want to install it but I don't know how to unscrew the OP reflector without touching the inside. Does it unscrew only from the bezel head or is there another way? Please help.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The top half of the head screws off, which gives you the access to unscrew the reflector from the outside.

The entire head unscrews by the body, the bezel unscrews from the top of the head... and the head unscrews in half approximately down the middle.

Hope this helps!

Noobiwan

Newly Enlightened
Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System
Hi divine and thanks for replying.

I did that. But even with the top of the head off, I still find it really hard to unscrew the reflector without touching the inner part of it. There is very little space to manuver. Do you use a tool of some sort to grip the reflector or do you just use your hands?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
put it face down on something like rubber and unscrew:thumbsup:

shomie911

Enlightened
I put my fingers around the outer rim of the reflector and unscrewed it.

I didn't touch the inner part of the smooth reflector.

For me, the smooth reflector is an improvement, the hotspot is tighter without sacrificing spill, and even on low (7 lumens) the lights throws to around 50 or more feet, for 150 hours. On high it just goes and goes. Besides for the "OMG" effect, I can't imagine actually needing more output than the 250 lumens it provides.

Runtime is great too, I used mine for about 30 minutes a day for a little more than a week and it was still going strong. By that time though the low battery warning started to go off every once in a while, so I just popped in a fully charged 18650.

I love my M20.

Last edited: