New Light! Yay

Fiddleback

Enlightened
Well, I forced myself to sit out a year from buying flashlights. This was because of money issues, and because my truck got robbed, and they cleaned me out of hundreds of dollars of lights. After that, I figured, what was the point? Very frustrating.

So for a year I carried a Fenix L1D in my pocket, and it served me well.

But I decided last week to go checking and found some neato upgrades you guys have made in a year. So I bought a Nitecore D10.

flight70-vi.jpg

flight74-vi.jpg

flight78-vi.jpg

flight81-vi.jpg

Glad to be back around!!

Somebody advised me to clean and re-grease the piston. What is the reasoning here? What do I re-lube it with? It worked perfectly right out of the box.

Niconical

Enlightened
Some people found that the factory lubricant wasn't enough and it was very stiff to turn on/off. They needed to clean and relube the o-ring that is around the battery tube.

If yours is fine though and pressing on/off and holding down for ramping is smooth and not hard to do, then you can leave it as it is.

ruger357

Newly Enlightened
Fine choice. The EX10 I bought had to be cleaned and relubed. It was one from the first batch sold. I bought a D10 recently and had no problems at all. I know what it is to get robbed. My house got broken into last year. Among the things that were stolen were 2 surefires.:mad: