Fenix TK11 or Regalight WT1?

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
I have narrowed my selection to these two lights, but need some input for those they may have these to decide which is best for needs. I need a good bright light for my nightly walks (Doctor's orders). I live in a rural area, and frequently spot a wide variety of wildlife which make my walks enjoyable. Where I walk is pitch black, no street lights, only the light from the moon. I would like somethink to carry to fit in my cargo pants if needed, but I usually have it in my hand. I would like enough throw to catch the racoons and beavers when they are moving about. Which would be better: Fenix TK11 or Regal Light WT1 ??

Thanks
Valmet62 ( aka cardiac kid ) :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
Well, if it's Doctor's Orders . . . .:devil:

Then you can deduct the flashlight (and batteries)
on yer' Taxes.

What could be better than that ? :naughty:

I (now) use my Olight M20 Warrior R2
for my nightly walks.

Like you, it's in a Very Dark, rural area.
(when the Moon cooperates, that is)

I find that Medium brightness mode is Perfect for me !

Easily spots "critter eyes", even at long distances.

:twothumbs

Good Luck (and good health) in your Nightly wanderings.

Please keep us informed as to your final choice.
_

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better yet would be the DBS V2. I take 3-6 mile walks with it clipped in my cargo shorts pocket and I've never had it feel uncomfortable. I've lit up Raccoons at 50-100 feet and it's like they are in a spot of sunlight. :devil:

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased the TK11 and I love it!!! I take my dog out for walks at night, and I live in the country so it is plenty dark out and this light works fantastically on the low level. If I really have to see a long way away it is just a turn and it is super bright.

Just my $.02 worth!!!

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
About a month and a half ago, I got a Regalight WT-1 in a trade and I honestly love this light. It is quite a thrower for it's size, which is smaller than the Dereelight DBS and Tiablo A9. I have both the DBS and A9 and love them immensely, but for it's pocketable size, the WT-1 really does very well.

This light turned into my nightlight for dog walks because I, like you, like to light things up at a distance and know what's ahead. It doesn't throw as far as the DBS or A9, but it does what it does and it does it well. I have very few complaints about this light, and the single high output suits my needs and requirements for this light really well.

If you've not read any reviews on it yet, I favor this one for it's information and simplicity of read:

http://www.light-reviews.com/regalight_wt1/review.html

The only problem you may run into is the WT-1 is no longer in production, but diligent and patient searching may yield one on the Marketplace.