Would you rather carry long/thin or short/fat?

Your EDC: long and thin or short and fat?

• Long and thin

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • Short and fat

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bonky

Banned
All other things being equal, would you rather your EDC flashlight be long and thin, or short and fat? Assume the same overall volume.

And, you know, the dimensions being within the norm for flashlights (eg not something needle thin and 6 feet long)

Last edited:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
This post reminds me of the Gilligan's Island episode where the Professor is giving someone a needle and he asks, "do you want it in fast and out slow or in slow and out fast".

Peak Shasta 3Led Brass High Power
Nuwai Q3
Peak Pacific Ultra CR2 brass body
Brass Peak Atlantic, Mediterranean, McKinley, and Caribbean on a pocket body or key chain depending on mood.

Looking at Muyshondt and RA 85 Twisty.

Seems like short and fat works for me!

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long and thin for small size, short and "Stout" for big lights.
The 2x AAA Minimag is what I consider to be the perfect sized EDC pocket light, while any light I EDC on my belt "like the Taskforce" needs to be rather short as not to full underneath the length of my shirt or to height that it becomes unbalanced when holstered. While I have an appreciation for very long lights "like the 10D RayOvac (28")" anything under a 6D Mag (19 ½") needs to be short and fat "again unless it's a very small pocket light. My included picture is of my narrowest light "The AAA xenon Li Minimag, and the fattest light I have ever made:devil:: my 4 ½ inch long, 7 ½ inch wide 30 watt hotwire hexagon box light:nana:.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow, the OP reminds me of a funny scene from 'Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo' if anyone knows what I'm talking about, where the cop confronts Deuce at the cafe.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Somehow, the OP reminds me of a funny scene from 'Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo' if anyone knows what I'm talking about, where the cop confronts Deuce at the cafe.

LOL "I GOT a THIN D1CK!!!"

Oded Fehrs funniest performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_DrW067JmI

OP, 6P is about the right size for me. Just the right size to fit in my hand and not excessive an any way.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen hotwire mods that can start fires. That hotwire modded cardboard light could probably set itself on fire. Be careful with that thing.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SureFire E2(e) is just about the perfect size, and I don't think it really fits in either category.

Bonky

Banned
yeah I'd generally call CR123 lights 'fat' but for a 2x123 light that one isn't what I would call long or short.. kinda in between.

Would you rather it be shorter and fatter or longer and thinner, if you had to choose?

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted short & fat because that would fit in most pockets easiest. But my EDC is a AAA torch that is short & thin on my keyring as well as a AA torch that is short and normal (neither fat nor thin). If a torch was too fat then it would be a nuisance to carry.