Got my Dereelight CL1H v4 with an R2 emitter... I'm impressed!

yalskey

Enlightened
It took a little while to get it from Hong Kong, but it was worth the wait.

My first reaction when opening the box was that it was smaller than I thought. I should be able to EDC this thing no problem.

I put in a recently charged AW 18650 (I had been carrying it in my pocket for days in anticipation of getting this light). It had the textured reflector installed already.

Man it was really bright. 1.2A to an R2 emitter really makes some light! I bet this thing is in the 250 to 260 lumen range.

It's daylight out now, but I'm going to pit it against my TK10 and Tiablo A9 tonight to see how it stands up.

I got the 1S digital pill because I didn't want to have to mess with modes and memory... it will be used for self-defense / awareness purposes, so I wanted a simple and less complex interface. If I want modes and such, I'll just use my D10, which I also EDC. (Plus the D10 uses a common AA, whereas this Dereelight uses a 18650, which you will not find in a pinch)

Overall build quality was really good, although I don't get the feeling that it's a overbuilt tank. I still think it's a durable / strong product that will serve me well for years.

I also like that it can be upgraded easily, and that it can use P60 drop-ins.

I was all for a reasonable price too... about $91. It was only $6 to upgrade to an R2. I also got the smooth reflector with it.

I'll update this thread after tonight when I really see how this light shines!

Just thought I'd share in my excitement with ya'll.

kindred_spirits

Newly Enlightened
With a SMO reflector that CL1H will throw a considerable amount. My CL1H V3 Q5 was definitely the best thrower of its size before I sold it.

Also, how long did it take for the package to arrive from Dereelight? I have a DBS V2 R2 on the way and wanted to know when I should expect it.

cal..45

Enlightened
hi yalskey,

congratulations to you new light.

I too have the CL1H V4 with R2 and Q2A5 emitter. the throw and spill (especially with the R2) is unbelievable good. I use this light mostly as my secondary bike light (high beam) and it can really light things up 100meter+ in front of me.

like you, I also carry the nitecore D10 as my EDC and also as my primary bike light. this combo is just too great and in my opinion among the best what money can buy nowadays. have fun

regards, holger

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
For US customers, CPF member FlashCrazy is an official US dealer. You can get Dereelight flashlights and accessories direct from him faster and for the same price. I ordered my CL1HV4 from him and I got it fast. Here's the official thread for him:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=184794

Right now I think he's still got a promo going for a free R2 emitter upgrade from the standard Q5s that we've seen in Dereelight modules as of late.

yalskey

Enlightened
So I took this thing in the backyard last night. I also took with me an TK10 and a Tiablo A9.

Vs. the Tk10... The CL1H v4 R2 has a tighter hot spot, throws longer, and is a notch more bright overall.

Vs. the A9... The A9 has a much tighter and brighter hot spot, and throws a lot longer... however, it's a laser beam without that much spill.

I'm impressed with my CL1H... I'm a happy customer.

Kindred Spirit --> It did take awhile from Hong Kong... about 2 weeks I'd estimate. It was worth it overall.