Raw first stage problem…?

mulotozink

Newly Enlightened
My 200/20raw will not work correctly on the first stage. When in first it was flickering then went down to less than one lumen, any ideas what happened?

i was gentle and made sure not to force it:mecry::confused:

Last edited:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clean the threads of any excess lube. How long have you had it? It can take a few on/offs for the post to free up.

paxxus

Enlightened
Mine does that too from time to time. It helps cleaning the threads and contact surfaces, but it's not perfect. I guess this is to be expected, it's an extremely primitive light after all... I thought about raising the issue over in the Lummi forum, oh well... it is what it is :shrug:

I've seen the 1st stage contact being described as a "micro switch", if only it was - seems more like a simple spring loaded pin.

paxxus

Enlightened
Just to clarify. When you say "1st stage" you did mean the 20lm stage, the one first engaged, right? Anyway, that was what I was talking about. I have not seen problems with my 200lm stage. If what you're talking about is the 200lm stage and cleaning doesn't help, you might have a broken wire in the PCB. You can get a replacement PCB board from Lummi.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to hear about the snag on the Raw. Have you contacted Rob at Lummi? He's a real good guy who takes the greatest personal pride in his product.